At Citibank®, we make your money work harder for you. Choose the accounts that fit your needs to enjoy greater interest, fewer fees and more rewards.
Enjoy fabulous Welcome Offers when you successfully open an account.
New Funds Offer
|New funds amount
(HKD or equivalent)
|Cash Rebate (HK$)|
Payroll Account Offer
|Monthly Salary(HK$)||Cash Rebate (HK$)|
Bringing our network closer to you
- Expanded branch and ATM networks
- Bank service hours until 7pm
- 24-hour manned phone banking
- Convenient online and mobile banking
Personalized financial services
- Dedicated Personal Banker for clients
- Financial Planning Consultants, Investment Consultants & Treasury Consultants at all our branches
A global bank for your expanding world
- Withdraw cash from over 20,000 ATMs in the world, with handling fee waived
- Cross-border account opening before you relocate to another country
- Trade HK securities while traveling abroad
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
A. General Terms & Conditions:
- All offers are not applicable to U.S. persons, except deposit interest rate.
- Unless otherwise specified, all offers are not eligible for overseas clients (with an overseas correspondence address).
- Clients are required to choose the welcome offers (cash rebate or credit card points*) on the account opening date. Once an offer has been selected and accepted by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("the Bank"), no cancellation or change can be made. If there is no selection of the welcome offers, cash rebate will be rewarded.
- Clients are required to be the primary cardholder of the designated credit card (including Citi Prestige Card, Citi PremierMiles Card or Citi Rewards Card), and the credit card must be activated, valid and in good standing when the credit card points are credited.
- If clients hold more than 1 designated credit card, the Bank will determine and offer credit card points to the credit card account according to the below sequence: (1) Citi Prestige Card (2) Citi PremierMiles Card (3) Citi Rewards Card.
- If clients do not hold any designated credit cards, or such credit card account is in invalid status, the Bank reserves the right to reward cash rebate instead of credit card points without prior notice.
- For joint accounts, only one offer will be given to the Primary Account Holder.
- The Bank reserves the right to claim for the refund of the gift should the new account be closed / downgraded within 6 months from the date of account opening, or the new client's "Average Daily Combined Balance" falls below the minimum balance requirement within 6 months from the date of account opening. The gift value will be debited from the client’s account at the time of account closure or downgrade, or 1 month from the first day the account balance falls below the required level whichever is earlier.
- If the new client closes all of his/ her accounts within 6 months from his / her account opening date, an account closure fee of HK$500 (or equivalent) will be charged.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend the above Terms and Conditions from time to time and is entitled at any time without any liability in any manner whatsoever to alter the program without prior notice. Should there be any dispute, the Bank's decision will be final.
- Welcome Offers cannot be used in conjunction with other special promotions, discounts or promotional coupons, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.
* Credit Card Points offer is not available to Citibanking clients.
B. Terms & Conditions of Welcome Offers:
- The Promotion Period is valid from July 1 to September 30, 2016, inclusive of both dates ("Promotion Period").
- All welcome offers are not applicable to existing banking clients of the Bank and clients who had a banking relationship with the Bank in the last 12 months.
- Unless otherwise specified, relevant welcome offers will be credited to each eligible client's Citibanking account within 6 calendar months from the account opening date.
- New Funds Offer:
To be entitled to relevant offers, new client is required to join Citibanking during the Promotion Period and fulfill the following requirements:
- To be eligible for HK$300 cash rebate, new clients must bring in new funds of HK$200,000 within the first 2 calendar months from account opening (including the month of account opening and the month following) and maintain HK$200,000 or above for 3 months (consecutive 90 days from the date of fund-in) and sign the fund maintenance agreement;
- New clients must enroll in the e-Statement Service at the time of account opening.
Citibanking clients who maintain an Average Daily Combined Balance of HK$10,000 or above (or equivalent) for the previous month will enjoy a waiver of HK$60 (or equivalent) monthly service fee (HK$400 or equivalent for Offshore Banking clients). Service charges for certain products apply.
- New funds exclude transfer of funds within the Bank. Transfer-in Mutual Funds / Bonds / Securities (Hong Kong, US or A shares via Hong Kong Shanghai Connect) will be counted as New Funds. Only Mutual Funds/ Bond offered by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. will be accepted. The transfer-in process may take at least 2 to 3 months.
- The "Average Daily Combined Balance" is calculated based on the sum of your daily balances of deposit, investment and accumulated paid premium of selected insurance products of all your single name account(s) and joint name account(s), divided by the number of calendar days in the month. Selected insurance products mean insurance policy(ies) with savings element or investment-linked insurance.
- Payroll Account Offer:
To be eligible for Payroll Account Offer, new clients must:
- Successfully open a Citibanking account and a Step-Up Interest Account; and
- Start depositing monthly salary (payroll) of HK$30,000 or above into the Step-Up Interest Account for 12 consecutive months via the autopayroll service or standing instructions within the first 3 calendar months from account opening (including the month of account opening and the 2 months following); and
- Fulfill the requirements stated in the Citibanking New Funds Offer; and
- Choose the new Citibank ATM Card with VISA payment function and make at least one purchase via the Visa network within the first 3 months after account opening (including the month of account opening); and
- Enroll in the e-Statement Service at the time of account opening.
- The Bank reserves the right to reclaim the full cash value of the gift if the consecutive monthly payroll deposit is halted at any time in the first year after account opening.
You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products. This material is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Investments should not be treated as a substitute for time deposits. Investors should refer to the relevant fund offering documents for detailed information prior to subscription. Investments are not bank deposits and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Unit prices may go down as well as up. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Unless specified, these investments are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency. Investment products are not eligible for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Potential investors should consider if an investment is suitable for them in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. The risk of loss in foreign exchange trading can be substantial. Foreign currency trading is subject to rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. Foreign exchange trading involves risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Placing contingent orders, such as "stop loss" or "stop limit" orders, will not necessarily limit losses to the intended amounts. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. Investors may experience a loss when they convert foreign currency back to their home currency. Foreign currency trading involves risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. Exchange Controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited’s role is limited to introducing the insurance product only and Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited shall not be responsible for any matters in relation to the products provided. Insurance products are products and obligations of the Insurance Company and not of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited. Insurance products are not bank deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries, or any local governmental agency.