Suspicious Email from PayPal
We are aware of a recent email purported to be sent from PayPal informing the recipient about an online transaction that he / she may not be aware of. We would like to remind our clients to be mindful of unknown callers and email senders, never click on any hyperlink or respond to any email, or provide your personal information to any party whose identity you cannot verify.
In addition, clients may consider setting up Citi Alerts through our website, which enables you to receive real time SMS notifications on suspicious transactions, and each time a credit card transaction occurs that reaches your pre-set amount. If you have any questions, please contact our 24-hr CitiPhone Banking at 2860-0333 for further assistance.
Citi remains at the forefront of keeping clients informed about the latest digital security measures. We suggest that all online and mobile banking users consider:
• Setting up a password with a combination of letters and numbers, and changing it regularly.
• Ensuring that no one is watching you while you key in your User ID, Password, or any other sensitive information.
• Always logging off your online session. Do not just close your mobile phone browser. Follow the logoff instructions to ensure your protection.
• Only installing applications from trusted and official sources.
• Keeping computer and mobile device software up-to-date by installing the latest security patches and software updates.
• Reading permission requests carefully when an app is installed. Stop the installation if they seem unusual or unnecessary to you.
• Not following any links or instructions provided from unknown or suspicious sources.
• Checking your accounts, SMS and email alerts on a regular basis.
• Not to root or jailbreak your device.
• Using only known, trusted Wi-Fi networks.
Click here to learn More Online Security Tips
If you notice any irregularities or unusual behavior associated with your banking account or believe your computer or mobile device may have been infected with a virus, you should immediately contact our 24-hour CitiPhone Banking on (852)2860 0380(852)2860-0380.