Open a payroll account by December 31, 2019 and receive an array of fabulous privileges.
Step-up interest account features:
Up to 1.00% p.a. interest rate
Basic interest rate up to 120 times the normal savings rate†
† As of November 11, 2019, the basic interest rate (0.12% p.a.) is 120 times the reference savings rate of Citibank (0.001% p.a.) and is applicable to a maximum account balance of HK$1,000,000 only.
Interest rate increases monthly
- Interest rate increases monthly as your account balance increases and fulfills the minimum growth amount* for 12 consecutive months (The minimum growth amount for your account balance is HK$8,000).
- Bonus interest rate grows by 0.08% p.a. per month**. Interest rate can grow from 0.12% p.a. to 1.00% p.a..
* 18 months per cycle.
** The bonus interest rate applies to maximum account balance of HK$1,000,000 only.
- The interest rate is protected by the "Safety Net" (0.60% p.a.) if your account balance fulfils the minimum growth amount (i.e. HK$8,000) in the 2nd to 7th months.
- The interest rate maintains at 0.60% p.a. even if the minimum growth amount cannot be fulfilled after the 7th month. However, the interest rate will continue to grow as long as the minimum growth amount is fulfilled again.
Fabulous Stock Account Offers
Unlimited HK stock buy fee waiver for payroll account clients
Transfer in HK/US/SH stock to earn up to HK$4,000 cash coupon rewards
Stock Account Features
No minimum brokerage and permanent waiver for deposit fee and custodian fee
Permanent waiver for stock transfer-in service fee
Online IPO handling fee waived
Products might only be applicable to limited jurisdictions.
- A minimum amount of HK$10,000 is required to establish a MaxiSavings account.
- MaxiSavings consists of MaxiSavings - TD ("Non-fixed Deposit") and MaxiSavings - Checking ("Checking") accounts.
- Non-fixed Deposit is a time deposit which allows partial withdrawal before maturity day. All partial withdrawal before maturity day must be done via Checking account in HK$1,000 or its multiples. If customer holds more than one Nonfixed Deposit, we will select the one with the least interest loss per withdrawal unit for customer's withdrawal.
- The interest of partial withdrawn amount will be calculated at Pre-Termination Interest Rate from the day of the funds are deposited into the Non-fixed Deposit account until the day before withdrawal. It will be credited to Checking account on the next business day after withdrawal.
- The final balance under Non-fixed Deposit on maturity day will earn the Contract Interest Rate.
- The interest rate for any remaining balance in the Checking account after withdrawal is the same as that for normal Checking account.
- If the remaining balance of Non-fixed Deposit is less than HK$1,000 after withdrawal, this balance will also be transferred to Checking account automatically.
- Only Non-fixed Deposit and Checking accounts with the same account holder can be linked to enjoy withdrawal facility through the Checking account. One Checking account can be linked to one or several Non-fixed Deposit with different tenor in one account with the same currency. However, any such linked MaxiSavings CANNOT be charged or otherwise used as security for another banking product.
- Upon maturity, Non-fixed Deposit will be disposed to designated account or rolled over based on customer instruction where the interest rate is determined at the time of transaction day.
- The MaxiSavings account opening will normally be completed within 5 business days from receipt of application. Interest will be calculated from the day the funds are available in the Non-fixed Deposit account upon the day of successful check clearance or fund transfer.
- If the MaxiSavings account is terminated before the maturity day, an account closure fee of HK$500 will apply.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunctions with other offers.
- Bank draft or personal check which is drawn on overseas will not be accepted.
- The Terms and Conditions of MaxiSavings shall be in addition and supplementary to and not in substitution or in derogation of the Terms and Conditions for Accounts and Services and all other Terms and Conditions applicable to the customer from time to time. In case of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions of MaxiSavings and the Terms and Conditions for Accounts and Services, the Terms and Conditions herein contained shall prevail. Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A. reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. All matters or disputes will be subject to the final decision of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A. Products might only be applicable to limited jurisdictions.
- If there is any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.