Citibank understands that our clients want to capture every investment opportunity and maximize returns.
As such, if you successfully transfer in stock with Citibank April 1 – June 30, 2020, you can enjoy the below promotional offers:
Terms & Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions for "Stock Transfer-in for up to HK$3,000 Cash Coupon Rewards" offer:
- The promotion is valid from April 1 – June 30, 2020 ("Promotion Period"), both dates inclusive.
- Clients must successfully transfer in HK/ US/ SH/ SZ stock from a third-party financial institution/ bank at a branch or via the “Stock Transfer” function on Citibank Online during the Promotion Period, to be eligible for the cash coupon rewards.
- The cash coupon rewards amount will be determined by the total stock transfer-in value net of the total stock transfer-out value (“Total Stock Net Value”) of a client during the promotion period, according to the table below:
Total stock net value (HK$) Cash coupon rewards amount (HK$) $500,000 - <$1,000,000 $500 $1,000,000 - <$3,000,000 $1,000 $3,000,000 or above $3,000
- The Total Stock Net Value is based on the multiple of the closing stock price* on the last trading day of the corresponding successful transfer-in month and number of shares. If a stock involves foreign currency, an exchange rate of USD1 = HKD7.8/RMB1 = HKD1.2 will be used for its stock value calculation.
- The stock transfer activities in a joint name stock account will be considered in the Total Stock Net Value calculation for the primary account holder.
- Each client can only enjoy the offer once during the promotion period.
- Cash coupons will be sent to eligible clients within 3 months upon the end of the Promotion Period. Clients should maintain a valid and same HK securities account from the time the stock transfer-in is performed to the time the cash coupons are received.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Clients will still be charged non-brokerage fee items such as, but not limited to, Stamp Duty, Transaction Levy and Trading Fee where applicable.
- The Bank will credit the refund amount to a client's Hong Kong Dollar settlement account. If only a US Dollar/Renminbi (RMB) settlement account is linked to the securities account, the refund amount will be credited to that account. An exchange rate of USD1 = HKD7.8/RMB1 = HKD1.2 will be used for all calculations.
- Online IPO application handling fee waiver is valid until December 31, 2019.
- All the above offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- All the above offers / rewards are not applicable to clients who are the employee of the Bank or its subsidiaries during the Promotion Period and at the time crediting the rewards.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, amend and terminate the offers and change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- The Bank reserves the right of final decision in the event of dispute.
In the event of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products. This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to constitute any offer or solicitation or advice to buy or sell any security. Investments are not bank deposits and are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., organized under the laws of U.S.A. with limited liability, Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency, and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Share prices may go down as well as up. Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.