As a valued client of Citigold Private Client and Citigold, simply pay for or redeem any flight tickets/ accommodation/ travel tours in full fares with your Citi PremierMiles or Prestige Principal Card, you and your Family* can enjoy the benefit of a premier travel insurance plan at no extra cost.
Premier Plan Benefits
Only Principal PremierMiles or Prestige Cardholder with Citigold Private Client or Citigold account is eligible for premier plan.
|Key Protection Items||Maximum Claim Amount (Up to HK$)|
|Travel Accident Protection||$1,500,000|
|Emergency Medical Protection||$1,250,000|
|Journey Cancellation Protection||$30,000|
|Baggage Loss Protection||$35,000|
|Travel Delay Protection||$5,000|
|Loss of Travel Documents||$5,000|
*Your spouse and dependent child(ren) aged 23 years old or below.
Please refer to Family Travel Insurance Premier Plan for details.
Citigold Private Client and Citigold clients who are entitled to the complimentary family travel insurance premier plan can also purchase additional coverage (Optional Benefits) via Zurich’s dedicated hotline at (852) 2903 9484.
|Optional Benefits||Maximum Claim Amount (Up to HK$)|
|Damage of Mobile Phone Benefit
(Premium as low as $12)
|Driving Holidays Benefit
(Premium as low as $15)
|Sports Activities Benefit
(Premium as low as $18)
|Cruise Holidays Benefit
(Premium as low as $48)
Claims and Assistance Services
Zurich Emergency Assistance Hotline
+852 2886 3977
24 hours, Monday to Sunday
(including public holidays)
Zurich Claim and Enquiry Hotline
+852 2903 9484
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Saturday (except public holidays)
More Card Benefits
Citi Prestige Card
- Complimentary 4th night at any hotel
- Unlimited complimentary global airport lounge access via Priority Pass™
- Up to extra 30% Annual Relationship Points
- Other Insurances
Citi PremierMiles Card
- As low as HK$3 = 1 Mile (12 Points)
- Complimentary access to airport lounges
- Mileage and hotels redemption programs
- Purchase Protection Insurance
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
Terms & Conditions of Free Travel Insurance:
- The period of Free Travel Insurance is from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018 (both dates inclusive).
- To be eligible for free travel insurance, (a) either one or more of the following has/have been purchased or settled by the principal cardholder with his/her Citi Prestige Card or Citi PremierMiles Card: (1) the in/outward-bound travel tickets to/from Hong Kong; (2) the accommodation cost for the entire journey; (3) the tour package; or (b) in the event that condition (a) above is not satisfied but instead one or more of the items stated in (1), (2) and (3) above has been acquired with points earned by a rewards program, any additional costs (including tax and fuel surcharge and any fees which is required to be paid according to any local requirement (if applicable)) must be paid by the principal cardholder with his/her Citi Prestige Card or Citi PremierMiles Card.
- Principal Cardholder's entitlement of Insurance Plan depends on whether the Principal Cardholder is holding a Citigold Private Client/Citigold account from the time the Eligible Transaction is made to the time the Travel Insurance claim is processed.
Principal Cardholders without Citigold/ Citigold Private Client account Principal Cardholders with Citigold/ Citigold Private Client account Free entitlement to Protection Items Basic Plan
Maximum Claim Amount (HK$)
Maximum Claim Amount (HK$)
Travel Accident Protection $750,000 $1,500,000 Emergency Medical Protection $500,000 $1,250,000 Journey Cancellation Protection $10,000 $30,000 Baggage Loss Protection $10,000 $35,000 Travel Delay Protection $3,000 $5,000 Lost of Travel Documents $3,000 $5,000
- Principal Cardholders without Citigold Private Client / Citigold account, who would like to enjoy the benefits of the Premier Plan, could upgrade through Zurich’s portal or call Zurich’s Customer Service hotline at 2903 9482. Please refer to the policy wordings in Zurich’s portal for detailed coverage. Only upon upgrading to the Premier Plan, could the principal cardholders purchase the Optional Benefits.
- For Principal Cardholders with Citigold Private Client/ Citigold account, who would like to purchase the Optional Benefits, must directly call Zurich’s Customer Service hotline for Citigold Private Client/ Citigold at 2903 9484.
- When submitting claims, Zurich Insurance Company Limited will require principal cardholders to provide valid proof of their eligibility. For principal cardholders with Citigold Private Client/ Citigold account, they would also need to provide valid proof of their account status.
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited is not the insurance underwriter of the Travel Insurance Basic Plan and Travel Insurance Premier Plan ("the Policy"). Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. (“Zurich”) is the insurance underwriter ("the Insurance Underwriter") of the Policy and is solely responsible for all coverage and compensation. The Insurance Underwriter is not a subsidiary or an affiliate of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited or Citibank, N.A. or Citigroup Inc. The Policy is part of the credit card feature and Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited shall not be responsible for any matters in relation to the Policy provided. Unless otherwise specified, insurance products are not bank deposits or obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government agency.
- This statement is not a policy or contract of insurance. The original policy is on file at the office of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited. Final decisions will be made in accordance with original policy. For insurance details, please refer to the Factsheet of Travel Insurance Basic Plan or Travel Insurance Premier Plan, or call Zurich’s enquiry hotline at 2903 9484 (This hotline is only applicable to Citigold and Citigold Private Client). Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and its Insurance Underwriter reserve the right to make the final decision on all claims.