- Offshore Banking
- Start your investment journey with us and enjoy a cash rebate of up to HK$22,000!
Regardless of where you may be, Citibank® Offshore Banking offers global wealth management services, giving you access to financial opportunities in Hong Kong.
Start your journey with Citi by opening a new Offshore Banking account and bringing in new funds of the amounts below on or before March 31, 2017 to enjoy the following rewards:
|Account Type||Fund-in Requirement||Fund-in Offer
Cash Rebate Reward
|Stage 1||Stage 2||Total|
Stage 1: Meet the fund-in requirement within 3 months of account opening
Stage 2: Maintain the Average Daily Combined Balance at Stage 1 OR meet the fund-in requirement by the end of the 7th month of account opening
To enjoy the rewards, customers have to choose the Citibank® ATM card with VISA payment function and make at least one purchase (no amount limit) via the Visa network within the first 3 months after account opening (including the month of account opening), and also enroll in the e-Statement Service at the time of account opening, otherwise the Bank reserves the right to reclaim the full value of the rewards.
To top up your rewards, you can transfer-in or subscribe to designated Mutual Funds, Bonds and Structured Products with the respective product balance as follows:
|Account Type||Designated Product Balance||Cash Rebate Reward|
|Investment Balance Offer||+||Fund-in Offer||=||Grand
Terms & Conditions:Terms & Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions Fund-in Offer, Investment Balance Offer & Referral Program:
- The promotion period is valid from February 1 to March 31, 2017, inclusive of both dates ("the Promotional Period").
- The offers are not applicable for U.S. persons, except the deposit interest rate.
- All offers (except the Referral Program) are NOT applicable if a client has had any banking relationship with Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("the Bank") within the past 12 months or is an existing client of the Bank.
- Unless otherwise specified, all offers are eligible for overseas clients (with an overseas correspondence address) who open an International Personal Banking Citigold or Citigold Private Client bank account, and meet specific fund-in requirements.
- Each new client can only enjoy the Fund-in Offer ONCE during the promotion period.
- Each client must keep a good record in his/her account within the promotion period and rewards redemption period in order to enjoy the rewards. The Bank reserves the right to terminate the offers to the client without prior notice based on a client's account status from time to time without any liability.
- Acceptance of the bank account opening application is subject to the laws and regulations of respective regions and countries and the Bank reserves the right to make the final decision.
- The offers cannot be used in conjunction with other special promotions, discounts or promotional coupons, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- Availability of the offers is subject to offer or service availability, account status and final acceptance by Citibank and at the Bank's absolute discretion.
- If a new client closes all of his/her accounts within 6 months from his/her account opening date, an account closure fee of HK$500 (or equivalent) will be charged.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend the above Terms and Conditions from time to time and is entitled at any time without any liability in any manner whatsoever to alter the program without prior notice. Should there be any dispute, the Bank's decision will be final.
- The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.
Terms and Conditions for Fund-in Offer:
- To enjoy the Fund-in Offer in the Promotional Period, clients are required to open a new Citigold Private Client or Citigold bank account, and be the primary account holder during the Promotional Period and fulfill all other criteria mentioned below ("Eligible Client").
- For the Fund-in reward, the amount of cash rebate will correspond to the fund-in requirement and period tiers stated in the table below:
Account Type Fund-in Requirement Reward Value in Cash Rebate Stage 1 Stage 2 Total Citigold Private Client® HK$8,000,000 or above HK$6,000 HK$6,000 HK$12,000 Citigold® HK$4,000,000 or above HK$3,000 HK$3,000 HK$6,000 HK$1,500,000 or above HK$1,800 HK$1,800 HK$3,600
- Clients must meet the following to enjoy the Fund-in Offer:
- To be eligible for Stage 1 of the Fund-in Offer, clients are required to meet the fund-in requirement of his/her account type by the 3rd month upon account opening. To be eligible for Stage 2 of the Fund-in Offer, clients are required to meet the fund-in requirement of his/her account type for the period between the 4th and 7th month upon account opening. Clients who meet both sets of requirements will be entitled to both Stages 1 and 2 rewards;
- The clients have to choose the new Citibank ATM Card with Visa payment function and make at least one purchase via the Visa network within the first 3 months after account opening (including the month of account opening);
- The clients have to enroll in the e-Statement Service at the time of account opening.
- New funds exclude transfer of funds within Citibank. Transfer-in Mutual Fund/ Bonds/ Securities of total new funds will be counted as New Funds. Only Mutual Funds offered by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. will be accepted. The transfer-in process will take at least 2 to 3 months.
- The Citigold Private Client account Eligible Client must maintain an Average Daily Combined Balance of deposits and investments in an amount of HK$8,000,000 or above in his/her account for 6 months from the date of funding in the required amount, otherwise the Bank reserves the right to convert his/her Citigold Private Client account to a Citigold or Citi Priority or Citibanking account. The Average Daily Combined Balance will be calculated on the last day of each calendar month in respect of that month. The Citigold account Eligible Client must maintain an Average Daily Combined Balance of deposits and investments in an amount of HK$1,500,000 or above, otherwise the Bank reserves the right to convert his/her Citigold account to a Citi Priority or Citibanking account. If the Eligible Client cannot maintain the Average Daily Combined Balance of HK$1,000,000 for 3 consecutive months, a monthly service fee of HK$500 or equivalent will be charged. For the fees of individual services, please refer to the latest service fee guide.
- The Fund-in rewards will be credited to each Eligible Client according to the schedule below:
- Stage 1: Reward will be credited by the 4th month upon account opening
- Stage 2: Reward will be credited by the 8th month upon account opening
- The Cash Rebate will be credited to the Eligible Client's Citigold Private Client or Citigold HKD savings account.
Terms and Conditions for Investment Balance Offer:
- To be eligible for Investment Balance Offer, new Citigold Private Client/Citigold client is required to fulfill the following requirements on the last day of the 5th month of account opening:
- Fulfilled the requirements stated in the Fund-in Offer; and
- Maintained an aggregate amount of Designated Product Balance at HK$1,000,000 ( or equivalent) or above (applicable to Citigold Private Client) or HK$300,000 (or equivalent) or above (applicable to Citigold) at the Bank:
Designated Product Balance to be calculated under the Reward at the last day of the 5th month of account Mutual Funds - Total amount of Mutual Fund holdings minus the total amount of Mutual Funds redeemed and transferred out.
- Mutual Funds must be distributed by the Bank and authorized by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Bonds - Total amount of Bond holdings minus the total amount of Bonds redeemed and transferred out.
- Not applicable to all retail Bond IPOs.
Structured Products - Total amount of Structured Products holdings minus the total amount of Structured Products early called/matured/sell back.
- Investment Balance Offer will be credited to each eligible client’s account together with the Fund-in Offer as follow:
Account Opening Date Designated Product Balance to be calculated on Cash rebate will be credited on or before February 1 to 28, 2017 June 30, 2017 July 31, 2017 March 1 to 31, 2017 July 31, 2017 August 31, 2017
- Unless otherwise specified, the exchange rate of foreign currency will be calculated according to the Bank’s system record.
- Only clients with valid accounts and in good standing during the entire promotional period and at the time of fulfillment will be eligible for the reward. If the account status changes, the Bank reserves the right to terminate the offer to the eligible clients, without prior notice.
Terms and Conditions for Referral Program:
- To be eligible for the referral offer, the referrer must successfully refer a new client to become a Citigold Private Client or Citigold client during the promotion period, subject to the fulfillment of the Citigold Private Client or Citigold Hong Kong International Personal Banking Fund-in Offer requirements stated above.
- Cash Rebate:
For Every Successful Referral Referee's Fund-in Amount Referrer's Cash Rebate Reward Citigold Private Client® HK$8,000,000 or above HK$5,500 Citigold® HK$1,500,000 or above HK$1,500
- The Cash Rebate will be credited to the referrer's Citibank banking account on or before August 31, 2017.
- The referrer must have a Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited banking account when the referee joins Citibank as a Citigold Private Client or Citigold client.
- Referrers cannot refer themselves to become new clients, including the owner/shareholder of company who refers his/her company or vice versa. The referrer's entitlement to the program offer will be subject to the bank's confirmation on the referee's fulfillment of the program offer requirements. For each joint account, only one reward will be given to the referrer. The Cash Rebate will be credited to referrer's Citigold Private Client account or Citigold account.
- The "Average Daily Combined Balance" is calculated based on the sum of your daily balances of deposit, investment and accumulated paid premium of selected insurance products of all your single name account(s) and joint name account(s), divided by the number of days in the month. Selected insurance products mean insurance policy(ies) with saving element or investment-linked insurance. For insurance policy(ies) with saving element, accumulated paid premium means total premium paid minus value of outstanding policy loan. For investment-linked insurance policy(ies) accumulated paid premium means total premium paid minus value of fund sold. For the fees of individual service, please refer to the latest service fee guide.
Terms and Conditions for Healthcare in Hong Kong:
- The promotion is not applicable for U.S. persons.
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("the Bank") shall assist Selected Clients with reservation appointments with a medical service provider that is on Citibank's selected list.
- Discounts are applicable to selected medical plans only. Medical service providers reserve the right to amend the price and details of the packages without prior notice. For details, please inquire through our consultants who may be reached via our reservation hotline.
- All fees and charges incurred from the medical service shall be borne by the customer or recipient of the service, with the exception of selected services otherwise indicated by the Bank.
- The Bank makes no representation or warranty with respect to the performance and quality of the services of the service providers. The Bank shall not be responsible or liable for any matters relating to the services provided. The service providers are solely responsible for all obligations and liabilities in relation to such products or services. Any dispute(s) arising from the performance and quality of the services of the service providers shall be managed and resolved between the customer or recipient of the service and the service provider.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend any of these terms and conditions or terminate the offer anytime without prior notice. In case of dispute regarding any other matters, the Bank's decision shall be final and conclusive.
- In the event of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- Some of the information within this document comes from independent sources and is for reference only. Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited shall not be responsible for any matters in relation to the information provided, which is not intended to constitute professional advice, nor be taken as offering any medical, financial planning or other solutions.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the content, the English version shall prevail.
- You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products. This material is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Investments should not be treated as a substitute for time deposits. Investors should refer to the relevant investment products offering documents for detailed information prior to subscription. Investments are not bank deposits and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors investing in investment products denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Unit prices may go down as well as up. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Unless specified, these investments are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency. Investment products are not eligible for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Potential investors should consider if an investment is suitable for them in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile.
- Foreign currency trading is subject to rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. Investors may experience a loss when they convert foreign currency back to their home currency. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for them in light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. Exchange Controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. Citibank or any of its associates will benefit from the origination and distribution of the in-house product.
- The risk of loss in foreign exchange margin trading can be substantial. Investors may sustain losses in excess of their original margin funds. Placing contingent orders, such as "stop loss" or "stop limit" orders, will not necessarily limit losses to the intended amounts. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. Investors may be called upon at short notice to deposit additional margin funds. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, their position may be liquidated. Investors will remain liable for any resulting deficit in their account. Investors may therefore wish to seek independent advice before making a commitment to enter into foreign exchange margin trading. In the event that investors choose not to seek independent advice, they should carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in the light for their own investment objectives, financial position and risk profile. Investors should also carefully read the relevant Terms and Conditions.
- This webpage is for information purpose only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation or advice to buy or sell any security. Investments are not bank deposits and are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local governmental or insurance agency, and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Share prices may go down as well as up. Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.
- The English version of these Terms & Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English & Chinese versions.