Transfer other credit cards / loan balances to your designated Citi Credit Card to enjoy a preferential rate and save interest on repayments.
Pre-approval with no documents required2
Preferential Annual Rate as low as 5.8% for the first 6 months3
Flexible repayment period and amount4
No Handling Fee and Early Settlement Fee.
- Application via the web will not be processed if no verification has been done by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited. Customers will be contacted within 3 working days counting from the day of when the customer first submitted the online application form stipulated in this promotional webpage.
- Application is subject to the final approval of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited.
- The Annual Rate for Citibank Credit Card "Balance Transfer Program" starts from 5.8%, and the promotional period ranges from 3 months to 6 months (Please call our 24-hour hotline 2860 0376 for your personalized annual rate and promotional period). The annualized Percentage Rate of this program for 5.8% p.a. rate is 5.96%; An Annualized Percentage rate (“APR”) is a reference rate which includes the basic interest rate and other fees and charges of a product expressed as an annualized rate. The quoted APR is calculated in based on the guidelines as set out in the Code of Banking Practice. Interest is calculated on the basis of 365 days per year. The actual APR applicable may differ. Availability of this program is subject to account status checking, available credit limit or loan limit (whichever applicable) at the time the request is received and the final acceptance by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") in its absolute discretion. Citibank has the right to revise the final approved transfer amount.
- Cardholder must pay the "Minimum Payment Due" as shown on the Statement to avoid any financial fees and charges.
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions for Citibank "Balance Transfer" Program - Low Rate Offer
- Citibank Credit Card "Balance Transfer" Program ("the Program") is only applicable to designated Citibank principal credit cardholders (each an "Eligible Cardholder") as stated in the terms and conditions set forth herein and as communicated to the Eligible Cardholder from time to time (whether in writing or orally by telephone or otherwise) (the "Terms and Conditions").
- A request for the Program, either in writing or through a phone call, will be deemed to be acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth herein. The terms and conditions of this Program shall be in addition and supplementary to and not in substitution or in derogation of Citibank Credit Card Agreement or Octopus Citibank Credit Card Agreement, whichever is applicable (each a "Cardholder Agreement"). The words and expressions used herein shall have the same meaning as in the Cardholder Agreement. In case of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this Program and the Cardholder Agreement, the Terms and Conditions herein contained shall prevail.
- Only transfers from credit cards / overdraft accounts / personal loans issued by any Hong Kong financial institutions will be accepted. Credit cards or overdraft accounts / personal loans issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") / Diners Club International (Hong Kong) Limited, will not be considered.
- Application cannot be cancelled, changed or reversed once submitted.
- Availability of the Program is subject to account status checking, available credit limit at the time the request is received and the final acceptance by Citibank in its absolute discretion. Citibank has the right to revise the final approved transfer amount.
- Application processing will normally be completed within 3 working days upon receipt of application. After processing is complete, the approved loan amount will be remitted to the nominated account and subjected to the payee bank's processing time. Prior to receipt of Citibank's confirmation, you have to continue to fulfill payment of the balances to be transferred. Citibank will not be liable for any finance charges incurred.
The finance charge charged on the transfer amount under this Program will be calculated as follows:
- The finance charge will be charged on the transfer amount starting from the approval date of the Program. After the low rate period, the finance charge will be calculated according to the charges as stipulated in the Cardholder Agreement. The finance charge will be calculated and accrued on a daily basis.
- The low rate is applicable to the transfer amount under this Program only. Other outstanding and new retail purchases and cash advances will be charged according to the charges as stipulated in the Cardholder Agreement.
- If the "Minimum Payment Due" under any statement ("Reference Statement") is not received on or before the "Payment Due Date" during the Program low rate period, the low rate will expire on the date of the statement following the Reference Statement. A default finance charge will also be charged (instead of the finance charge) on the unpaid balance of the second following Reference Statement as well as all new transactions incurred from the date of the second following Reference Statement (notwithstanding that all such new transactions will not be payable until the Payment Due Date specified in that statement) in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement.
Repayments may be applied in the following order:
- legal and debt collection fees;
- finance charges;
- cash advance charges;
- all other applicable fees and charges including but not limited to cash advance fees, late charges, over limit charges, service, return check / reject autopay, card replacement and charge dispute handling fees;
- outstanding installments of any installment programs of Citibank ; and
- the outstanding principal amount of other transactions including all unpaid balance of the Balance Transfer / Cash Conversion Program (where such transactions are subject to different finance charge rates, in the application order from the transactions with the highest rate to the lowest rate);or in any other order as Citibank considers appropriate without prior reference.
- Nothing contained in the Program shall be construed as an obligation on Citibank to offer or continue to offer the Program.
- Citibank reserves the right at any time without prior notice to vary all or any of the Terms and Conditions, or to replace, wholly or in part, the Program by another scheme, whether similar to this scheme or not, or to withdraw it altogether
- Citibank will not be responsible or liable for any actions, claims, damages, costs, charges and expenses which a cardholder may suffer, sustain or incur by way of the Program.
- The transfer amount under the Program will not be eligible for any Points, Octopus Cash, Fuel Rebate or any other promotional offers.
- Citibank reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of the terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.