"Citi Cash Back Card Cash Rebate Program" Terms and Conditions:
1. Citi Cash Back Card Cash Rebate Program ("Rebate Program") applies to the principal and supplementary cardholders ("Cardholders") of Citi Cash Back Card issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") ("Eligible Card").
2. This Rebate Program applies to "Eligible Transactions" made by Citi Cash Back Card and the calculated rebate amount will be rounded to the nearest cent. Ineligible Transactions include but are not limited to, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, Citi Credit Card "Quick Cash" Installment Program, “FlexiBill” Installment Program, “PayLite” Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, dynamic currency conversion transactions, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, and unposted /canceled /refunded transactions. Citibank may add to, or remove from, the list of invalid transactions from time to time at its discretion. The decision of Citibank as to what constitutes an invalid transaction shall be final and conclusive.
The following rebates will be awarded to the correspond "Eligible Transactions" posted:
a. 1% spending rebate ("Basic Rebate") will be awarded to transactions in any currencies and monthly installments of billed interest free installment plan that are charged to the Eligible Card account (“Eligible Transactions for Basic Rebate”).
b. 2% foreign currency rebate ("Foreign Currency Rebate") including the 1% Basic Rebate, will be awarded to all posted retail transactions made in foreign currencies charged to the Eligible Card ("Eligible Foreign Currency Transactions").
Eligible Foreign Currency Transactions exclude card-present transactions made by Cardholders at any merchant with physical premises, address of the fixed place of business or business license in any country participating in the European Economic Area (EEA) or joining after October 19, 2019, including, without limitation, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (“EEA Participating Countries”).
For avoidance of doubt, (card-not-present) online transactions made in foreign currencies in at any merchants in EEA Participating Countries are Eligible Foreign Currency Transactions. Online transactions are transactions with official payment records and classified as online transaction according to the merchant codes/transaction types as defined by relevant card association or a merchant's acquiring bank. Citibank has no obligation to clarify whether an online transaction is an Eligible Transaction before the Cardholder conducts such online transaction.
c. 2% local dining rebate ("Local Dining Rebate") including the 1% Basic Rebate, will be awarded to all eligible transactions made in Hong Kong dollar at dining outlets in Hong Kong which are classified as restaurants or dining merchants according to the merchant codes issued by relevant card association ("Eligible Local Dining Transaction"). Transactions made in respect of hotel, banquet services, private functions, private room events, department stores, associations and clubhouses, and the food and beverage services provided by the designated merchants of other spending categories will not be counted as Eligible Local Dining Transactions.
d. 2% local hotel spending rebate ("Local Hotel Spending Rebate") including the 1% Basic Rebate, will be awarded to all eligible transactions made in Hong Kong dollar at the hotels in Hong Kong which are classified as hotels according to the merchant codes issued by relevant card association ("Eligible Hotel Spending Transaction"). Transactions made in respect of banquet services, private functions and private room events will not be counted as Eligible Hotel Spending Transactions.
3. Basic Rebate/ Foreign Currency Rebate/Local Dining Rebate/Local Hotel Spending Rebate awarded in respect of any supplementary cardholders will be attributed to their principal cardholders. For the avoidance of doubt, transactions made by principal and supplementary Cardholders under the same Eligible Card account are counted collectively.
4. The full amount of earned Basic Rebate, Foreign Currency Rebate, Local Dining Rebate and Local Hotel Spending Rebate will be credited to the Eligible Card account on the following statement of account when the accumulated rebate balance reaches HK$200 or above and be used to settle the outstanding balance as well as new purchases excluding the Minimum Payment Due.
5. If Cardholders have subsequently cancelled / reversed any transactions in respect of which offers are rewarded, Citibank reserves the absolute right to charge the equivalent value of such offers directly from the Eligible Card account without prior notice.
6. When an Eligible Card account is closed or suspended under whatever reason, any Basic Rebate, Foreign Currency Rebate, Local Dining Rebate and Local Hotel Spending Rebate remaining in the Eligible Card account will be forfeited.
7. Unless otherwise specified, the Basic Rebate, Foreign Currency Rebate, Local Dining Rebate and Local Hotel Spending Rebate is not transferable and cannot be converted to cash or other offers.
8. To be eligible for this Rebate Program, Eligible Card accounts should be valid, in good standing and in compliance with the conditions that may be imposed by Citibank from time to time.
9. Citibank reserves the right to terminate this Rebate Program or amend its terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
10. Citibank reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice, and all matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
11. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.