Citi Octopus Credit Card combines credit card with the Octopus function in one card. With both swipe and "dood" functions, you have the flexibility to enjoy rewards everywhere you spend every day. Together with the 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Fare Rebate offer, start your journey on a happy note every day!
Top reasons to get a Citi Octopus Credit Card
NEW customers click here to apply for card now to enjoy fabulous welcome offers.APPLY NOW
EXISTING customers click here to register for 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Fare Rebate offer!REGISTER NOW
Upon fulfilling the relevant spending conditions within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance.
Exclusive 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Fare Rebate for Citi Octopus Platinum Card
From now to December 31, 2019, Citi Octopus Platinum Cardholders can enjoy 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Fare Rebate upon accumulated retail spending of HK$1,500 per month. The rebate is an Octopus Cash Rebate which will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (“AAVS”) transactions. Register now to enjoy the offer!
2-in-1 credit card with Octopus Service
The embedded Octopus Service in your credit card lets you spend whenever and wherever you desire.
Octopus Cash Rebate
The Octopus Cash Rebate earned will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service ("AAVS") transactions, no registration is necessary. No cap on Octopus Cash Rebate.
Octopus Automatic Add Value Service AAVS Embedded
When your Octopus balance is running low, HK$250*/HK$500 will be automatically reloaded to your card. It's simple to use and you'll even earn Octopus Cash by topping up your balance.
For existing Citi Octopus Credit Cardholders:
If you would like to change your Octopus AAVS auto-reload amount, you can now:
^Only applicable to Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Android mobile device or iOS mobile device connected with Octopus Mobile Reader.
*Effective from July 22, 2018, a HK$500 Octopus AAVS auto reload amount will be automatically assigned to all new Citi Octopus Credit Cardholders.
Enjoy Octopus Reward$
Every time you spend on your card, you'll automatically earn Octopus Reward$ at designated Octopus Rewards Merchants.
Year Round Dining and Shopping Offers
You can enjoy an array of dining and shopping privileges across the town.
Applying online for an Citi Octopus Credit Card is easy.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- For Citi Octopus Platinum Card, annual income must be HK$150,000 or more
(The Bank reserves the right to issue a Citi Octopus Gold Card in the event the applicant does not meet the annual income requirement)
- Applicants must be an HKID holder
Please send copies of your supporting document here.
1) Activate your Citi Octopus Credit Card:
Please download/ open the “Citibank HK” App and tap “Activate your card” to complete the new card activation process.
2) Your Citi Octopus Credit Card has been automatically registered for AAVS. Activate AAVS 5 days after new card activation through one of the following channels:
i. Please download the Octopus App from Google Play to your Near Field Communication (“NFC”) enabled Android mobile phone to activate the AAVS. For details, please visit here; or
ii. Please visit any selected Citibank branches; or
iii. Please visit any MTR Customer Service Centres with your AAVS Activation Letter* and your identification document; or
iv. at Octopus website via Octopus PC Reader
* AAVS Activation Letter will be received within 5 working days after Credit Card activation and valid within 30 days after letter issuance.
You will need to bear loss arising from unauthorized use of Octopus by others (including AAVS transactions) for the first three hours after successful report loss. The remaining value stored on the lost Octopus Card three hours after successfully reporting the loss (either positive or negative except zero value) will be refunded and posted into the Principal Cardholder’s Credit Card account. This will be reflected on the monthly statement within two months of successfully reporting the loss.
3. I have replaced my Citi Octopus Credit Card. How can I get back my remaining stored value in my previous card?
The remaining Octopus value (either positive or negative except zero value) will be posted into the transferred Principal Cardholder’s Credit Card account. This will be reflected on the monthly statement within two months of card replacement.
The 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB bus fare rebate offer is only applicable to Citi Octopus Platinum Cardholders.
You need to first register for the offer here and meet the required eligible retail spending of HK$1,500 per month to be eligible for the 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB bus fare rebate.
5. Which transactions are considered as the ineligible retail spending for the 15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB bus fare rebate promotion?
Ineligible transactions include, but are not limited to, Octopus Automatic Add Value (AAVS). Click here for the Terms and Conditions.
Bus fare rebate will be credited to your Citi Octopus Credit Card account in 3 months after each respective month.
Each Citi Octopus Credit Cardholder can earn Octopus Cash with each of your Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS) transactions and retail spending. The Octopus Cash earned will offset AAVS transactions posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
The first AAVS reload transaction will be triggered upon your first spending with Octopus. HK$500 AAVS amount will be automatically assigned to all new Citi Octopus Credit Cardholders. The reload amount will be posted to your Octopus Citibank Principal Credit Card account after every AAVS transaction, which will be clearly shown in your monthly statement. After that, when the remaining value plus maximum negative value on your Octopus is insufficient to settle the full cost of the transaction, Octopus will automatically trigger an AAVS transaction.
Maximum one AAVS reloading per day.
Only Citi Octopus Credit Cardholders are eligible for Instant Upgrade on Octopus App at current phase, and you may upgrade your auto-reload amount to HK$500 on Octopus app with an NFC-enabled Android mobile device. For details, please visit Citi Octopus Credit Card page.
11. I am an existing Citi Octopus Credit Cardholder. How can I earn and spend Octopus Reward$ with my Citi Octopus Credit Card?
Citi Octopus Credit Cardholders are automatically registered for Octopus Rewards Program.
When you pay with your Citi Octopus Credit Card, you earn Reward$ automatically. You will earn at least 0.5%# Octopus Reward$ every time you spend at the Designated Reward$ Merchants. Your accumulated Reward$ can be used to offset your spending at these shops at rate of Reward$1 to HK$1. Just let the cashier know you’ll be using Reward$ and tap your Citi Octopus Credit Card on the Octopus reader.
# Minimum spending for earning Reward$ is HK$2. Reward$1 will be earned for any purchase value of HK$200. For Octopus Rewards Program related enquiries, please visit Octopus Rewards Page or contact Octopus at +852 36901313.
12. My Citi Octopus Credit Card is lost or replaced or malfunctioned, what will happen to my Octopus Reward$?
If the Card is reported lost, is replaced or suffers a malfunction, any remaining Reward$ will be transferred to the replacement card. Primary or Supplementary cardholders can download the remaining Octopus Reward$ at any Octopus Rewards Stations with your new card between the 20th and the 50th day after your credit card is activated, otherwise the Reward$ will be forfeited without prior notice. For Octopus Rewards Program related enquiries, please visit Octopus Rewards Page contact Octopus at +852 36901313.
Remarks, Terms and Conditions:Remarks, Terms and Conditions:
15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms & Conditions:
- The promotion period of this Promotion is valid from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is based on transaction date.
- This Promotion applies to the Cardholders of Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card ("Cardholders") issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) (“Designated Credit Card”). This Promotion shall supersede Citibank’s “15% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion” as from and including January 1, 2019.
- Cardholders are required to register ONCE successfully by entering the Principal Designated Credit Card number and confirming all terms and conditions listed on the Designated Registration Page (www.citibank.com.hk/octopus) within the Promotion Period (“Registration”) to be eligible for this promotion. Upon registration, all supplementary cards under the Principal Cardholder will be automatically registered. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cardholders who have previously successfully registered under the “15% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion” will be automatically registered for this Promotion.
- Starting from the first day of the calendar month during which the Cardholder completes Registration (“Registration Month”) until the end of the Promotion Period, Cardholders can earn 15% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Rebate”) on payments with the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card on the bus services provided by The Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Limited (“KMB”),Long Win Bus Company Limited (“LWB”), Citybus Limited (“CTB”) and New World First Bus Services Limited (“NWFB”) in Hong Kong (“Bus Payments”) in each calendar month upon making Eligible Transactions of HK$1,500 or more in the respective calendar month. Each Designated Credit Card account, including supplementary card will be entitled to a maximum of HK$300 Rebates in each calendar month during the Promotion Period.
- This promotion applies to “Eligible Transactions” made by the Designated Credit Card during the Promotion Period, including all local and overseas posted retail transactions, monthly installments of newly billed interest free installment plan that are also posted during the Promotion Period and cash advances made in Hong Kong Dollars, Renminbi, Macau Patacas and overseas in foreign currencies. Ineligible transactions include, but are not limited to, “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction; Octopus Automatic Add Value Service transactions ; withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, Flexi-Installment Program and/or Quick Cash Installment Program; payment to the Inland Revenue Department; bill payment; utilities payment; auto payment; mutual funds payment; fees and charges; insurance transactions; casino transactions; transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service; unposted, cancelled and refunded transactions; and other unauthorized, fraud and abuse transactions.
- The Rebates will be credited into the Cardholders’ Principal Designated Credit Card accounts within 3 calendar months after each respective calendar month in which the Cardholder fulfils the conditions listed in Clause 4 (“Rebate Fulfillment Period”). All Rebates earnt by the Supplementary Card(s) will be credited into Principal Designated Credit Card accounts.
- The Rebates accumulated in any monthly statement shall only be used to offset the relevant value of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
- The Rebates awarded under this Promotion cannot be transferred to another credit card account or exchanged or traded for cash or other offers.
- Terms & Conditions of the Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program apply. Please refer to
https://www.citibank.com.hk/octopus for details.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- Cardholders’ Designated Credit Card accounts must be valid and with good credit record during the Promotion Period and Rebate Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible to receive the Rebates; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Rebates without prior notice.
- In case of any fraud, abuse, reversal or cancellation of Eligible Transactions and the transactions in respect of which the Rebates were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Designated Credit Card account the equivalent amount of Rebates without prior notice.
- Citibank will determine and verify the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion, as well as the transactions and entitlement of Cardholders to any and all of the Rebates, based on Citibank’s record. Under no circumstance shall any Cardholder or any other person have any claim or action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to this Promotion against Citibank and/or Octopus Cards Limited and/or any parties in relation to this Promotion.
- For the purpose of this Promotion, the Octopus ID and transaction data relating to the aggregate amount of the Bus Payments will be disclosed between Octopus Cards Limited, the issuer of the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by Octopus Cards Limited (as amended from time to time), and Citibank and will be used by Citibank for identifying and verifying the eligibility of the Cardholders and for fulfillment of the Rebates. Such data used for the said purposes in relation to this Promotion shall be destroyed by July 31, 2020.
- Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these Terms and Conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Rebates or any part thereof under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
- All matters and disputes relating to the Promotion are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
- Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
- Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
- The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
- The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
- The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
- These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.