Citi Octopus Credit Card combines credit card with the touch-and-go Octopus function in one card. With both swipe and "dood" functions, you have the flexibility to enjoy rewards everywhere you spend every day.
Top reasons to get a Citi Octopus Credit Card
- Convenient 2-in-1 credit card with embedded Octopus Service
- Earn HK$1 Octopus Cash with every HK$200 spending
- First year annual fee waiver
Please select your card:
Upon fulfilling the relevant spending conditions within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance.
Octopus Cash Rebate
The Octopus Cash earned will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service ("AAVS") transactions via spending with Octopus at over 50,000 retail and transportation points throughout Hong Kong - no registration is necessary.
Convenient 2-in-1 Credit Card
The embedded Octopus Service in your credit card lets you spend whenever and wherever you desire.
Octopus Automatic Add Value Service Embedded
When your Octopus balance is running low, HK$250 will be automatically reloaded to your card. It's simple to use and you'll even earn Octopus Cash by topping up your balance.
Enjoy Octopus Reward$
Every time you spend on your card, you'll automatically earn Octopus Reward$ at designated Octopus Rewards Merchants.
Year Round Dining and Shopping Offers
You can enjoy an array of dining and shopping privileges across the town.
Applying online for an Citi Octopus Credit Card is easy. Simply select a submission method most convenient to you.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- For Citi Octopus Platinum Card, annual income must be HK$150,000 or more
- For Citi Octopus Gold Card, annual income must be HK$60,000 or more
- Applicants must be an HKID holder
Please send copies of your supporting documents via one of the various channels
- Residential address
- Income and employment information
If not a Permanent Hong Kong Resident, please also submit:
- Employment contract/ employment letter showing employment period AND
- Copies of HKID and passport showing the name, passport number and nationality of the applicant.
Remarks, Terms and Conditions:Remarks, Terms and Conditions:
Effective from November 9, 2015, Octopus Citi® Credit Card will be renamed as Citi® Octopus Credit Card. We will be updating our web site, system and corresponding documents accordingly. The change will not affect the benefits and services you are enjoying with your Credit Card.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
- Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Dial a Check Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
- The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
- The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
- The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
- These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.
Citi Credit Card Online Acquisition with BFB Champions Welcome Offers Terms and Conditions:
- The promotion period is valid from December 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- Customers (“Eligible Cardholders”) must submit the application form and successfully apply for a principal card of Citi PremierMiles Card, Citi Rewards Card, Citi Octopus Credit Card, Citi Clear Card, excluding Citi Clear Student Card, (“Eligible Card”) issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) during the Promotion Period through Citibank website (www.citibank.com.hk) and have the Eligible Card approved on or before February 13, 2017.
- “BFB Champions 7 Star Footballer” / “BFB Champions 7 Star Footballer and BFB Champions Virtual Items” ("Welcome Offer") are only applicable to customers who currently do not hold and / or have not held any principal card of Citi Credit Card or Diners Club Card issued by Diners Club International (HK) Limited within the past 12 months from the date of issue of the Eligible Card ("New Customers").
- Eligible Cardholders are entitled to the Welcome Offer of a “BFB Champions 7 Star Footballer” upon accumulating spending of HK$5,500 to HK$9,999 using the Eligible Card within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance, while the Eligible Cardholders are entitled to a “BFB Champions 7 Star Footballer and BFB Champions Virtual Items” upon accumulating spending of HK$10,000 or above using the Eligible Card within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance (“Spending Conditions”). “BFB Champions Virtual Items” consist of 35 units of My Premium Scout Ticket (non-transferable), 10 units of My Training Pass (non-transferable), 10 units of My Stamina Drink (non-transferable) and 10 units of My Training Supplement (non-transferable). Each Eligible Cardholder is entitled to only one Welcome Offer.
- All posted transactions conducted by principal and supplementary card(s) are included in the Spending Conditions calculation. Ineligible transactions, including but not limited to, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Dial-a-Check Installment Program, cash advances, fees and charges, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions, and other transactions designated by Citibank from time to time at its discretion are excluded.
- Upon meeting the Spending Conditions, a Welcome Offer redemption email will be sent to Eligible Cardholders’ email address (stated in the application form) on or before April 28, 2017. For the redemption details and the Terms and Conditions of the Welcome Offer, please refer to the email.
- Eligible Cardholders’ Eligible Card accounts must be valid and in good standing during redemption in order to enjoy the Welcome Offer.
- If Eligible Cardholders are entitled to receive any other promotional offers under other promotions, Citibank reserves the right to provide only one of the promotional offers at its sole discretion.
- The Welcome Offer cannot be changed once indicated on the application form, transferred to another person, cancelled, reversed nor exchanged for cash.
- In case of any fraud / abuse / reversal or cancellation of transactions included in the calculation of spending condition, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Eligible Cardholders' credit card account the equivalent amount of Welcome Offer awarded under this promotion without prior notice.
- The Welcome Offer is available on a first-come-first-served basis while stocks last. Citibank reserves the right to grant an alternative offer in case of shortage. Eligible Cardholders are entitled to HK$400 supermarket cash coupon upon accumulating spending of HK$5,500 to HK$9,999 or HK$800 supermarket cash coupon upon accumulating spending of HK$10,000 or above using the Eligible Card within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance.
- Citibank is not a supplier or service provider of the Welcome Offer and shall not be responsible for any matters relating to the products or services provided. nxTomo Games Limited (“nxTomo”) is solely responsible for all obligations and liabilities in relation to such products or services. Upon redemption, all the products/ services/ auxiliary services cannot be replaced, returned or refunded.
- Citibank and nxTomo reserve the right to amend these and relevant terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All matters and disputes will be subjected to the final decision of Citibank and nxTomo.
- In the case of discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.