**All welcome offers are only applicable for New Citi Credit Card Customers. New Citi Credit Card Customers ("New Customers") are defined as applicants who do not currently hold and/or in the past 12 months have not been successfully approved for or cancelled any Principal Citi Credit Card, Citi Cobrand Card, Citi Private Label Card issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and / or Diners Club Card issued by Diners Club International (HK) Limited ("Diners").
15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion 2020 (“Promotion”) Terms & Conditions:
1. The promotion period of this Promotion is valid from January 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is based on transaction date.
2. This Promotion applies to the Cardholders of Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card ("Cardholders") issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) (“Designated Credit Card”). This Promotion shall supersede Citibank’s “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion” as from and including January 1, 2020.
3. Cardholders are required to register ONCE successfully by entering the Principal Designated Credit Card number and confirming all terms and conditions listed on the Designated Registration Page (www.citibank.com.hk/octopus) within the Promotion Period (“Registration”) to be eligible for this promotion. Upon registration, all supplementary cards under the Principal Cardholder will be automatically registered. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cardholders who have previously successfully registered under the “15% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion” and “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion” will be automatically registered for this Promotion.
4. Starting from the first day of the calendar month during which the Cardholder completes Registration (“Registration Month”) until the end of the Promotion Period, Cardholders can earn 15% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Rebate”) on payments with the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card on the bus services provided by The Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Limited (“KMB”),Long Win Bus Company Limited (“LWB”), Citybus Limited (“CTB”) and New World First Bus Services Limited (“NWFB”) in Hong Kong (“Bus Payments”) in each calendar month upon making Eligible Transactions of HK$1,500 or more in the respective calendar month. The Promotion is not applicable to ticket purchases for Bus Payments made at (a) ticket office of New World First Ferry Services located at Central Pier 5 and 6, or (b) 7-Eleven convenience stores. Each Designated Credit Card account, including supplementary card will be entitled to a maximum of HK$300 Rebates in each calendar month during the Promotion Period.
5. “Eligible Transactions” refers to all local and overseas posted retail transactions, monthly installments of newly billed interest-free installment plan that are also posted during the Promotion Period and cash advances made with the Designated Credit Card. Ineligible transactions including but not limited to “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction, Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service transactions, withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, "Flexibill" Program, "Paylite" Program, "Quick Cash" Installment Program, "PayAll" Service, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities payment, auto payment, mutual funds payment, fees and charges, insurance transactions, casino transactions, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, and other unauthorized, fraud and abuse transactions.
6. The Rebates will be credited into the Cardholders’ Principal Designated Credit Card accounts within 3 calendar months after each respective calendar month in which the Cardholder fulfils the conditions listed in Clause 4 (“Rebate Fulfillment Period”). All Rebates earnt by the Supplementary Card(s) will be credited into Principal Designated Credit Card accounts.
7. The Rebates accumulated in any monthly statement shall only be used to offset the relevant value of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
8. The Rebates awarded under this Promotion cannot be transferred to another credit card account or exchanged or traded for cash or other offers.
9. Terms & Conditions of the Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program apply. Please refer to
https://www.citibank.com.hk/octopus for details.
10. Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
11. Cardholders’ Designated Credit Card accounts must be valid and with good credit record during the Promotion Period and Rebate Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible to receive the Rebates; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Rebates without prior notice.
12. In case of any fraud, abuse, reversal or cancellation of Eligible Transactions and the transactions in respect of which the Rebates were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Designated Credit Card account the equivalent amount of Rebates without prior notice.
13. Citibank will determine and verify the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion, as well as the transactions and entitlement of Cardholders to any and all of the Rebates, based on Citibank’s record. Under no circumstance shall any Cardholder or any other person have any claim or action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to this Promotion against Citibank and/or Octopus Cards Limited and/or any parties in relation to this Promotion.
14. For the purpose of this Promotion, the Octopus ID and transaction data relating to the aggregate amount of the Bus Payments will be disclosed between Octopus Cards Limited, the issuer of the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by Octopus Cards Limited (as amended from time to time), and Citibank and will be used by Citibank for identifying and verifying the eligibility of the Cardholders and for fulfillment of the Rebates. Such data used for the said purposes in relation to this Promotion shall be destroyed by March 31, 2021.
15. Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these Terms and Conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Rebates or any part thereof under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
16. All matters and disputes relating to the Promotion are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
17. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
1. Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
2. Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
3. The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
4. The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
5. The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
6. Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
7. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
8. These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.