**All welcome offers are only applicable for New Citi Credit Card Customers. New Citi Credit Card Customers ("New Customers") are defined as applicants who do not currently hold and/or in the past 12 months have not been successfully approved for or cancelled any Principal Citi Credit Card, Citi Cobrand Card, Citi Private Label Card issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and / or Diners Club Card issued by Diners Club International (HK) Limited ("Diners").
Terms and Conditions of Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch Welcome Offer Promotion (“Promotion”):
- This Promotion is organised by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”), and is subject to the terms and conditions as set out herein (these “Terms and Conditions”).
- This Promotion is valid from 27 September 2021 to 30 November 2021, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”).
- This Promotion is open to principal cardholders of Citi Octopus Platinum Card or Citi Octopus Gold Card issued by Citibank (“Designated Credit Card”) who, during the Promotion Period, are customers of Apple Pay, a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc., (a) using Apple Wallet, a mobile application operated by Apple Inc. (“Apple Wallet”), and (b) using iPhone 8 or above, or Apple Watch Series 3 or above (“Eligible Device”) and signed in to Apple Wallet with Apple ID (each, an “Eligible Cardholder”).
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, each Eligible Cardholder who:
a. has successfully added a Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch to his/her Eligible Device through Octopus App during the Promotion Period (“Eligible Citi Octopus Card”); and
b. has conducted at least one Automatic Add Value Service transaction with the Eligible Citi Octopus Card during the Promotion Period; and
c. has registered for this Promotion during the Promotion Period by providing the Octopus number of the Eligible Citi Octopus Card through the Promotion website at www.octopus.com.hk/pg-en/2109CITIAPO, or such other website as announced by OCL from time to time;
will be considered an eligible participant of this Promotion (“Participant”) and will be entitled to receive an offer of HK$50 Octopus top-up value (“Promotion Offer”).
- The Promotion Offer will be offered on a first-come-first-served basis and is limited to a quota of 20,000 during the Promotion Period, and no Promotion Offer will be offered once such limit is reached.
- The Promotion Offer will be made available for collection between 1 January 2022 and 31 January 2022 (“Promotion Offer Collection Period”) through Octopus App onto his/her Eligible Citi Octopus Card. The Participants must follow the steps set out at www.octopus.com.hk/collection_en to collect the Promotion Offer.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall oblige Citibank or OCL to notify the Participants of the availability of the Promotion Offer. Nevertheless, if a Participant has opted-in to receive push notifications in Octopus App on the first date of the Promotion Offer Collection Period, such Participant will be notified by push notification through Octopus App on the availability of the Promotion Offer for collection.
- Eligible Cardholders cannot enjoy the Promotion Offer in conjunction with offers of other Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch promotions organised by OCL and held at any time during the Promotion Period, including, but not limited to, Welcome Offer Promotion for New Octopus on iPhone and Apple Watch Customers.
- The Promotion Offer cannot be altered, transferred, redeemed or exchanged for cash or other electronic value under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Each Eligible Citi Octopus Card can only store up to the applicable stored value limit of HK$3,000 (as applicable). If the applicable stored value limit on the Eligible Citi Octopus Card has been reached at the time of collecting the Promotion Offer, the Participant must spend such amount of stored value in the Eligible Citi Octopus Card that is of a value not less than the amount of the Promotion Offer before the Participant will be able to collect the Promotion Offer again within the Promotion Offer Collection Period.
- Each Participant is only entitled to receive the Promotion Offer once in this Promotion.
- The Promotion Offer will be forfeited automatically without notice to the Participant in any one of the following situations:
a. the suspension, cancellation or invalidation of the Eligible Citi Octopus Card for whatever reason(s) up to the time of collection of the Promotion Offer; b. in the event that the Promotion Offer is not collected during the Promotion Offer Collection Period; and c. in addition to Clause 13.a, to the extent the Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch is an Eligible Citi Octopus Card, the suspension, cancellation or invalidation of such Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch due to reset of the Apple Wallet application or the Apple Watch application (as the case may be), transfer of such Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch to another mobile device, loss of the relevant mobile device, performance of the factory data reset on the relevant mobile device, or activation of the Find My Mobile or Find My iPhone service (as the case may be) for the relevant mobile device.
- Citibank reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Cardholder or Participant committed or suspected of fraud, or if Citibank believes that an Eligible Cardholder’s or a Participant’s participation in this Promotion has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers.
- By participating in this Promotion, each of the Eligible Cardholders and the Participants agrees that the Octopus number of his/her Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch in connection with this Promotion will be used and retained by OCL, and may be disclosed between Citibank and OCL, for the purpose of this Promotion for (a) verifying an Eligible Cardholder’s or a Participant’s eligibility, (b) notifying an Eligible Cardholder of the Promotion Offer, (c) deliver the Promotion Offer and (d) handling any enquiries or resolving any disputes. Information collected, retrieved or received as aforesaid and which is solely for the purpose of this Promotion will be destroyed by 31 July 2022.
- Notwithstanding any provision under these terms and conditions, Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these Terms and Conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Promotion Offer or any part thereof under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
- Any enquiries on the Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch, Automatic Add Value Service and Octopus App relating to this Promotion shall be referred to and handled by OCL. Any other enquiries or any disputes concerning this Promotion must be made to and shall be handled by Citibank. Any enquiries or disputes made after 3 months upon Promotion Offer Collection Period will not be entertained. In case of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, the decision of Citibank shall be final and conclusive.
- No person other than a Participant and Citibank will have the right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Chapter 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong) to enforce or rely upon these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
15% MTR, Bus, Ferry, Green Minibus & Tram Fare and 5% Tunnel Toll Rebate Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms & Conditions:
- This Promotion is valid from November 1, 2020 to October 31, 2021, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is based on transaction date.
- This Promotion applies to principal Cardholders of Citi Octopus Credit Card ("Cardholders") issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) (“Designated Credit Card”). This Promotion shall supersede Citibank’s “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion 2020” as from and including November 1, 2020.
- Cardholders are required to register ONCE successfully by entering the Principal Designated Credit Card number and confirming all terms and conditions listed on the Designated Registration Page (citibank.hk/transreg), or through SMS/Citi Mobile App (if applicable) within the Promotion Period (“Registration”) to be eligible for this Promotion. Upon successful Registration, all supplementary card(s) of the Designated Credit Card (“Supplementary Cards”) and (if applicable) Citi Octopus Card on iPhone or Apple Watch of the Designated Credit Card and the Supplementary Cards (collectively, “Designated Octopus”) will be automatically registered for this Promotion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cardholders who have previously successfully registered under the “15% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion”, “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion” and “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion 2020” will be automatically registered for this Promotion.
- After completion of the Registration, Cardholders can, for each month starting from the first day of the calendar month in which the Registration is completed until the end of the Promotion Period:
a. earn 15% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Fare Rebate”) on payments made on Designated Public Transport Services in Hong Kong with (i) the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card and the Supplementary Cards and (ii) the Designated Octopus (“Fare Payments”), upon accumulating monthly Eligible Transactions of HK$3,000 or above, and subject to a monthly cap of HK$300 Fare Rebate; or
b. earn the Fare Rebate and 5% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Tunnel Toll Rebate”) on tunnel toll payments made at Designated Tolled Tunnels in Hong Kong with (i) the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card and the Supplementary Cards and (ii) the Designated Octopus (“Tunnel Toll Payments”), upon accumulating monthly Eligible Transactions of HK$10,000 or above, and subject to a monthly cap of HK$500 Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate.
The monthly cap of HK$300 Fare Rebate or HK$500 Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate (as the case may be) (inclusive of Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate earned by the Principal Designated Credit Card, Supplementary Cards and the Designated Octopus) applies to each Designated Credit Card account. The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate will be calculated on a monthly basis (based on the respective transaction dates of Fare Payments and/or Tunnel Toll Payments).
Payments for fares that are not Fare Payments for the purpose of this Promotion include, but not limited to, bus tickets purchased at Sun Ferry Services Company Limited’s ticketing offices located at Central Pier 5 and 6 or 7-Eleven convenience stores, Sun Ferry Monthly Tickets purchased at piers, ferry freight fare, all products purchased at MTR Customer Service Centres, MTR Surcharges (including, but not limited to, the surcharge for travelling East Rail Line First Class without First Class validation on their Octopus and travelling beyond the permitted time), MTR Intercity Through Train Ticket, and MTR fare rebate or discounted amount.
For details of Designated Public Transport Services and Designated Tolled Tunnels, please refer to the table below.
|"Designated Public Transport Services" refers to:
||Including the MTR lines and services below:
|- Airport Express
- Disneyland Resort Line
- East Rail Line
- Island Line
- Kwun Tong Line
- Ma On Shan Line
- South Island Line
|- Tseung Kwan O Line
- Tsuen Wan Line
- Tung Chung Line
- West Rail Line
- Light Rail
- Tuen Ma Line
- Light Rail Shuttle Bus Service
||All routes provided by the franchised buses below:
- Kowloon Motor Bus
- Long Win Bus
- New World First Bus
||All routes provided by the franchised and licensed ferry services below:
- New World First Ferry Services Limited
- The Star Ferry
- Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry (including Island Ferry and Winnertex Ferry)
||All routes of green minibuses
||All routes of electric trams
|"Designated Tolled Tunnels" refers to:
||- Aberdeen Tunnel
- Cross-Harbour Tunnel
- Eastern Harbour Crossing
- Lantau Link (Lantau Toll Plaza/Ma Wan Toll Plaza)
|- Lion Rock Tunnel
- Shing Mun Tunnel
- Tseung Kwan O Tunnel
- Tsing Sha Highway (Sha Tin Heights Tunnel/Eagle's Nest Tunnel/Tai Wai Tunnel)
Fare Payments and Tunnel Toll Payments do not include any payment transaction of which the related transaction data has not been received or obtained by Octopus Cards Limited (“OCL“) from the provider of the relevant Designated Public Transport Service or the operator of the relevant Designated Tolled Tunnel (as the case may be) at the time when OCL conducts data processing for the purpose of fulfillment under this Promotion and any payment transaction that is eventually cancelled.
- “Eligible Transactions” refers to all local and overseas posted retail transactions, monthly installments of newly billed interest-free installment plans that are also posted during the Promotion Period and cash advances made with any Principal Citi Credit Card issued by Citibank, as well as the supplementary card(s) of such Citi Credit Card, under the Cardholder (“Eligible Credit Card”). Ineligible transactions include but not limited to, “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction, Octopus Automatic Add Value Service transactions, Octopus Add Value through Mobile Payment such as ApplePay, withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, "Flexibill" Program, "Paylite" Program, "Quick Cash" Installment Program, "PayAll" Service, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities payment, auto payment and recurring transactions, mutual funds payment, fees and charges, insurance transactions, casino transactions, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) service, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, and other unauthorized, fraudulent and abusive transactions.
Eligible Transactions must be made within a calendar month (based on transaction date). Eligible Transactions made with all Eligible Credit Cards under the Cardholder will be aggregated.
- All Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate earned will be credited into the Cardholders’ Principal Designated Credit Card accounts within 3 calendar months after each respective calendar month in which the Cardholder fulfills the respective conditions set out in Clause 4 (“Rebate Fulfillment Period”).
- The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate accumulated in any monthly statement shall only be used to offset the relevant value of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Service transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
- The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate awarded under this Promotion cannot be transferred to another credit card account or exchanged or traded for cash or other offers.
- Terms & Conditions of the Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program apply. Please refer to citibank.hk/octopus for details.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- A Cardholder’s Eligible Credit Card account(s) and Designated Credit Card account must be valid and with a good credit record during the Promotion Period and the Rebate Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible to receive the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate without prior notice.
- In case of any fraud, abuse, reversal or cancellation of Eligible Transactions and the transactions in respect of which the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Designated Credit Card account the equivalent amount of Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate collected without prior notice.
- Citibank will determine and verify the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this Promotion, as well as the transactions and entitlement of Cardholders to any and all of the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate, based on Citibank’s records. Under no circumstance shall any Cardholder or any other person have any claim or action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to this Promotion against Citibank and/or OCL and/or any parties in relation to this Promotion.
- Personal Information Collection Statement
For the purpose of this Promotion, in relation to each Cardholder, (a) the Octopus identification number(s) of each Principal Designated Credit Card, Supplementary Cards and (if applicable) Designated Octopus and (b) the transaction data relating to the respective aggregate amounts of Fare Payments and/or Tunnel Toll Payments under each of the foregoing cards will be disclosed between OCL, the issuer of the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card and the Designated Octopus subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by OCL (as amended from time to time), and Citibank, and will be used by (i) Citibank to identify and verify the eligibility of the Cardholder, and for fulfillment of the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate and (ii) OCL to identify the Octopus identification number of the relevant Designated Octopus and to identify, and disclose to Citi, the relevant transaction data and/or (iii) respond to your enquiries, if applicable, in connection with the Promotion. Such data used for the said purposes in relation to this Promotion shall be destroyed by April 30, 2022.
- Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these terms and conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate (or any part thereof) under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
- All matters and disputes relating to this Promotion are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
- Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
- Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
- The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
- The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
- The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
- These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.