**All welcome offers are only applicable for New Citi Credit Card Customers. New Citi Credit Card Customers ("New Customers") are defined as applicants who do not currently hold and/or in the past 12 months have not been successfully approved for or cancelled any Principal Citi Credit Card, Citi Cobrand Card, Citi Private Label Card issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and / or Diners Club Card issued by Diners Club International (HK) Limited ("Diners").
15% MTR, Bus, Ferry, Green Minibus & Tram Fare and 5% Tunnel Toll Rebate Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms & Conditions:
1. This Promotion is valid from November 1, 2020 to October 31, 2021, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is based on transaction date.
2. This Promotion applies to principal Cardholders of Citi Octopus Credit Card ("Cardholders") issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) (“Designated Credit Card”). This Promotion shall supersede Citibank’s “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion 2020” as from and including November 1, 2020.
3. Cardholders are required to register ONCE successfully by entering the Principal Designated Credit Card number and confirming all terms and conditions listed on the Designated Registration Page (citibank.hk/transreg), or through SMS/Citi Mobile App (if applicable) within the Promotion Period (“Registration”) to be eligible for this Promotion. Upon successful Registration, all supplementary card(s) of the Designated Credit Card (“Supplementary Cards”) will be automatically registered for this Promotion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cardholders who have previously successfully registered under the “15% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion”, “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion” and “15% KMB, LWB, CTB and NWFB Bus Rebate Promotion 2020” will be automatically registered for this Promotion.
4. After completion of the Registration, Cardholders can, for each month starting from the first day of the calendar month in which the Registration is completed until the end of the Promotion Period:
a. earn 15% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Fare Rebate”) on payments made on Designated Public Transport Services in Hong Kong with the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card (“Fare Payments”), upon accumulating monthly Eligible Transactions of HK$3,000 or above, and subject to a monthly cap of HK$300 Fare Rebate; or
b. earn the Fare Rebate and 5% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Tunnel Toll Rebate”) on tunnel toll payments made at Designated Tolled Tunnels in Hong Kong with the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card (“Tunnel Toll Payments”), upon accumulating monthly Eligible Transactions of HK$10,000 or above, and subject to a monthly cap of HK$500 Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate.
The monthly cap of HK$300 Fare Rebate or HK$500 Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate (as the case may be) (inclusive of Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate earned by the Principal Card and Supplementary Cards) applies to each Designated Credit Card account. The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate will be calculated on a monthly basis (based on the respective transaction dates of Fare Payments and/or Tunnel Toll Payments).
Payments for fares that are not Fare Payments for the purpose of this Promotion include, but not limited to, bus tickets purchased at New World First Ferry Services Limited’s ticketing offices located at Central Pier 5 and 6 or 7-Eleven convenience stores, First Ferry Monthly Tickets purchased at piers, ferry freight fare, all products purchased at MTR Customer Service Centres, MTR Surcharges (including, but not limited to, the surcharge for travelling East Rail Line First Class without First Class validation on their Octopus and travelling beyond the permitted time), MTR Intercity Through Train Ticket, and MTR fare rebate or discounted amount.
For details of Designated Public Transport Services and Designated Tolled Tunnels, please refer to the table below.
|"Designated Public Transport Services" refers to:
||Including the MTR lines and services below:
|- Airport Express
- Disneyland Resort Line
- East Rail Line
- Island Line
- Kwun Tong Line
- Ma On Shan Line
- South Island Line
|- Tseung Kwan O Line
- Tsuen Wan Line
- Tung Chung Line
- West Rail Line
- Light Rail
- Tuen Ma Line
- Light Rail Shuttle Bus Service
||All routes provided by the franchised buses below:
- Kowloon Motor Bus
- Long Win Bus
- New World First Bus
||All routes provided by the franchised and licensed ferry services below:
- New World First Ferry Services Limited
- The Star Ferry
- Hong Kong & Kowloon Ferry (including Island Ferry and Winnertex Ferry)
||All routes of green minibuses
||All routes of electric trams
|"Designated Tolled Tunnels" refers to:
||- Aberdeen Tunnel
- Cross-Harbour Tunnel
- Eastern Harbour Crossing
- Lantau Link (Lantau Toll Plaza/Ma Wan Toll Plaza)
|- Lion Rock Tunnel
- Shing Mun Tunnel
- Tseung Kwan O Tunnel
- Tsing Sha Highway (Sha Tin Heights Tunnel/Eagle's Nest Tunnel/Tai Wai Tunnel)
Fare Payments and Tunnel Toll Payments do not include any payment transaction of which the related transaction data has not been received or obtained by Octopus Cards Limited (“OCL“) from the provider of the relevant Designated Public Transport Service or the operator of the relevant Designated Tolled Tunnel (as the case may be) at the time when OCL conducts data processing for the purpose of fulfillment under this Promotion and any payment transaction that is eventually cancelled.
5. “Eligible Transactions” refers to all local and overseas posted retail transactions, monthly installments of newly billed interest-free installment plans that are also posted during the Promotion Period and cash advances made with any Principal Citi Credit Card issued by Citibank, as well as the supplementary card(s) of such Citi Credit Card, under the Cardholder (“Eligible Credit Card”). Ineligible transactions include but not limited to, “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction, Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service transactions, Octopus Add Value through Mobile Payment such as ApplePay, withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, "Flexibill" Program, "Paylite" Program, "Quick Cash" Installment Program, "PayAll" Service, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities payment, auto payment and recurring transactions, mutual funds payment, fees and charges, insurance transactions, casino transactions, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) service, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, and other unauthorized, fraudulent and abusive transactions.
Eligible Transactions must be made within a calendar month (based on transaction date). Eligible Transactions made with all Eligible Credit Cards under the Cardholder will be aggregated.
6. All Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate earned will be credited into the Cardholders’ Principal Designated Credit Card accounts within 3 calendar months after each respective calendar month in which the Cardholder fulfills the respective conditions set out in Clause 4 (“Rebate Fulfillment Period”).
7. The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate accumulated in any monthly statement shall only be used to offset the relevant value of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
8. The Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate awarded under this Promotion cannot be transferred to another credit card account or exchanged or traded for cash or other offers.
9. Terms & Conditions of the Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program apply. Please refer to citibank.hk/octopus for details.
10. Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
11. A Cardholder’s Eligible Credit Card account(s) and Designated Credit Card account must be valid and with a good credit record during the Promotion Period and the Rebate Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible to receive the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate without prior notice.
12. In case of any fraud, abuse, reversal or cancellation of Eligible Transactions and the transactions in respect of which the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Designated Credit Card account the equivalent amount of Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate collected without prior notice.
13. Citibank will determine and verify the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this Promotion, as well as the transactions and entitlement of Cardholders to any and all of the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate, based on Citibank’s records. Under no circumstance shall any Cardholder or any other person have any claim or action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to this Promotion against Citibank and/or Octopus Cards Limited and/or any parties in relation to this Promotion.
14. Personal Information Collection Statement
For the purpose of this Promotion, in relation to each Cardholder, the Octopus identification number(s) of the Designated Credit Card (including the respective Octopus identification numbers of the Principal Designated Credit Card and all Supplementary Card(s) thereunder) and the transaction data relating to the respective aggregate amounts of Fare Payments and/or Tunnel Toll Payments will be disclosed between Octopus Cards Limited, the issuer of the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by Octopus Cards Limited (as amended from time to time), and Citibank, and will be used by Citibank for identifying and verifying the eligibility of the Cardholder, and for fulfillment of the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate. Such data used for the said purposes in relation to this Promotion shall be destroyed by April 30, 2022.
15. Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these terms and conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Fare Rebate and/or Tunnel Toll Rebate (or any part thereof) under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
16. All matters and disputes relating to this Promotion are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
17. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
1. Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
2. Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, transactions through Faster Payment System (FPS) Service, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
3. The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
4. The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
5. The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
6. Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
7. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
8. These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.