Terms and Conditions for "Pay tax early and get up to HK$600 Spending Rebate Promotion":
- Unless otherwise specified, the promotion is valid from November 1, 2019 till February 29, 2020, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").
- The promotion applies to designated cardholders ("Cardholders") of Citi® Visa Credit Cards issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") ("Eligible Cards").
- To be eligible for this promotion, Cardholders are required to successfully register once at citibank.hk/taxp1 within the Promotion Period. Principal Cardholders of Eligible Cards are required to register one of the credit card accounts of his/her Eligible Cards ("Registration"). Only the first 15,000 successfully registered Cardholders are eligible to participate in this promotion ("Registered Cardholder"). Upon Registration, all Eligible Card accounts under the same Principal Cardholder will be automatically registered. Registration with supplementary card is not accepted.
- The promotion is only applicable to the Eligible Retail Transactions (as defined in Clause 6) and the payment of Salaries Tax for the 2018/2019 tax year made with any Eligible Card accounts during the Promotion Period ("Tax Payment"). Payments for Tax Reserve Certificates, Business Registration or Stamp Duty are not applicable.
- Registered Cardholders will be entitled to Spending Rebate upon making accumulated Tax Payment of at least HK$30,000 ("Accumulated Tax Payment Amount") through Citibank Online Banking or Citi Mobile App and making at least 1 Eligible Retail Transaction during the Promotion Period with any Eligible Card accounts ("Eligible Cardholders"). Registered Cardholders will be entitled to extra Spending Rebate upon making accumulated Tax Payment of designated amount on or before January 31, 2020. Please refer to the below table for details:
During Promotion Period (HK$) Accumulated Tax Payment Amount (HK$) Spending Rebate (HK$) BASIC OFFER
Accumulated Tax Payment made on or before February 29, 2020
PAY TAX EARLY OFFER
Accumulated Tax Payment made on or before Jan 31, 2020
Make at least 1 Eligible Transaction within promotion period $30,000 - $49,999 $50 --- $50,000 - $99,999 $100 --- $100,000 - $199,999 $200 Extra $100 $200,000 or above $300 Extra $300
- The processing of a tax payment transaction through Citibank Online Banking or Citi Mobile App will take at least 3 to 5 working days. The tax payment transaction is subject to Eligible Card account status checking, the available credit limit and the final discretion of Citibank. Cancellation / Changes of the tax payment transaction are not allowed once confirmed. In any circumstances that the tax payment cannot be processed, Citibank is not responsible or liable for any claim or loss, and delay in refund of credit balance from the Inland Revenue Department unless it results from any negligence or willful default on Citibank’s part.
- Eligible Retail Transactions include posted retail transactions and monthly installments of newly billed interest free installment plans that are posted during the Promotion Period conducted in Hong Kong or overseas made with any Eligible Card accounts or via Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay during the Promotion Period.
Ineligible transactions including but not limited to "Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions", i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction, purchase of cash vouchers, purchase/add value of gift cards, purchase/reload of stored value cards, traveler’s checks, foreign exchange transactions using Credit Card (for example but not limited to Forex.com, etc.), withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, "PayLite" Installment Program and "FlexiBill" Installment Program, Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities bill made with credit card via internet banking or online payment system, all payments made by Citi PayAll, auto payment and recurring transactions, mutual funds payment, fees & charges, insurance transactions, casino transactions, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, other unauthorized transactions and fraud and abuse transactions are not eligible for this promotion.
- Each Eligible Cardholder (including the holder of principal and supplementary card(s) under the same Eligible Credit Card account; and/or those holding more than one principal Cards) is subject to a maximum of HK$600 Spending Rebate throughout the entire Promotion Period.
- The promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other Tax Payment promotion. Citibank will determine the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion as well as Eligible Retail Transactions and Accumulated Tax Payment Amount based on Citibank's record and at the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank. If the Eligible Cardholder is confirmed to be entitled to the Spending Rebate, the Spending Rebate will be credited to the latest registered Eligible Credit Card Account, on or before April 30, 2020 ("Fulfillment Period"). The Spending Rebate cannot be used to settle any previous outstanding balances, withdrawn as cash advance, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- Cardholders must maintain valid Eligible Card accounts with good credit record during the entire Promotion Period and Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible for this promotion.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Retail Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- In case of any fraud/abuse/reversal or cancellation of transactions in respect of which Spending Rebate were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder's Eligible Card account the equivalent amount of the Spending Rebate without prior notice.
- Citibank reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions without prior notice, all matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!