There are more reasons to smile with your Citi Visa Credit Card. Upon meeting a designated number of Single Eligible Transactions of HK$800 or above on online and/or foreign currency spending, a spending rebate will be rewarded as follows. Register now!
Earn up to HK$1,200 spending rebate^
Promotion Period: October 9, 2017 to January 31, 2018
Transaction of HK$800 or above
|Spending rebate entitled
|3-4 transactions||5 transactions or above|
| Foreign currency transaction*
Foreign currency transaction*
^ The maximum spending rebate entitled per phase is HK$300; and the maximum spending rebate entitled throughout the promotion period is HK$1,200.
# Online transaction includes all posted online transactions settled in Hong Kong Dollars, Renminbi and Macau Patacas, but exclude all foreign currency transactions.
* Foreign currency spending includes overseas retail and online spending settled in currencies except Hong Kong dollar, Renminbi or Macau Patacas.
|Single Eligible Transaction of HK$800||Spending rebate earned
|Online transaction||Foreign currency transaction|
|Phase 1||-||5 Times||HK$300||HK$4,000|
|Phase 2||1 Time||4 Times||HK$300||HK$4,000|
|Phase 3||2 Times||3 Times||HK$300||HK$4,000|
|Phase 4||3 Times||2 Times||HK$300||HK$4,000|
|Reward % = 7.5% (HK$1,200 / HK$16,000)|
- Promotion Period: October 9, 2017 – January 31, 2018;
Phase 1: October 9 – 31, 2017;
Phase 2: November 1 – 30, 2017;
Phase 3: December 1 – 31, 2017;
Phase 4: January 1 – 31, 2018.
- Only the first 30,000 successfully registered Cardholders are eligible for this offer. Registration with a Supplementary Card is not eligible.
- The offer is only applicable to Citi Visa Credit Card.
- Eligible Online Transaction and/ or Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction made through Principal and Supplementary cards under the same Eligible Card Account will be combined.
- Regardless of the number of Eligible Card(s) registered under the same Cardholder, the latest registered Eligible Card will prevail and only the transaction(s) made on it will be considered. Each Customer (based on the unique Hong Kong Identity Card/ Passport number per Citibank's record) can enjoy a maximum of HK$1,200 Spending Rebate rewarded once only.
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions:
- The Promotion is from October 9, 2017 to January 31 2018, both dates inclusive. ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period consists of 4 phases – Phase 1: October 9 to 31, 2017, Phase 2: November 1 to 30, 2017, Phase 3: December 1 to 31, 2017 and Phase 4: January 1 to 31, 2018 (based on transaction date).
- This promotion applies to cardholders ("Cardholders") of Citi VISA Credit Cards issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") ("Eligible Cards").
- Citibank will determine the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion as well as the transactions based on Citibank's records. The completion of the Registration (as defined in Clause 10) is not a confirmation of the eligibility of any cards(s), transactions(s) or the Cardholders for the Spending Rebate (as defined in Clause 13) rewarded, which is determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank.
- In case of any fraud/abuse/reversal or cancellation of Eligible Online Transactions and Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction (as defined in Clause 12) in respect of which Spending Rebate were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder's Eligible Card Account the equivalent amount of the Spending Rebate rewarded without prior notice.
- Cardholders' Eligible Card accounts must be valid and with good credit record during the Promotion Period and the fulfillment period in order to be eligible to receive the Spending Rebate; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Spending Rebate without prior notice.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original sales slips or official payment records in respect of the Single Eligible Online Transaction or Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- The Spending Rebate received from this promotion cannot be used to settle any previous outstanding balances, withdrawn as cash advance, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- Citibank reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions without prior notice, and all matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
"Shop Online or Aboard" Spending Promotion Terms and Conditions:
- Cardholders are required to successfully register at www.citibank.com.hk/rebate1200 within the Promotion Period ("Registration") to be eligible for this promotion. Each Cardholder can register once only within the promotion period. Only the first 30,000 successfully registered Cardholders are eligible for this offer. Registration with a Supplementary Card is not eligible.
- Regardless of the number of Eligible Card(s) registered under the same Cardholder, the latest registered Eligible Card will prevail and only the transaction(s) made on it will be considered. Each Customer (based on the unique Hong Kong Identity Card/ Passport number per Citibank's record) can enjoy a maximum of HK$300 Spending Rebate per phase and a maximum of HK$1,200 Spending Rebate throughout the entire promotion period once only.
- "Eligible Transaction" includes the following made with an Eligible Card during the Promotion Period:
- "Eligible Online Transaction" refers to: all posted local online retail purchases in local currencies (include Hong Kong Dollars, Renmibi and Macau Patacas) for which original sales receipts and credit card sales slips or official payment records can be produced. This promotion applies to the final amount of the Single Net Transaction after deduction of all applicable discounts, reductions and value of cash vouchers.
- "Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction" refers to: all posted online or retail purchase settled in currencies except Hong Kong dollar, Renminbi or Macau Patacas for which original sales receipts and credit card sales slips or official payment records can be produced. This promotion applies to the final amount of the Single Net Transaction after deduction of all applicable discounts, reductions and value of cash vouchers.
- Ineligible transactions including but not limited to "Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions", i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction (not applicable to Overseas Online Transactions), purchase of cash vouchers, purchase/ add value of gift cards, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-wallets, Octopus Automatic Add Value Service Transaction, charity donations, phone/fax/mail order, traveler's checks, foreign exchange transactions using Credit Card (for example but not limited to Forex.com, etc.),withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, Flexi-Installment Program, Dial-a-Check Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities bill made with credit card via internet banking or online payment system, auto payment, mutual funds payment, casino transactions, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, split transactions, other unauthorized transactions and fraud and abuse transactions or any transactions made with merchants with merchant codes not defined as online transactions (as defined by the Bank and VISA International from time to time).
- During each phase, Cardholder is required to make designated number of Single Eligible Online Transaction and/or Single Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction of HK$800 or above to be entitled to Spending Rebate ("Spending Rebate"). The amount of Spending Rebate will be awarded as follows:
Spending Rebate Entitled (Per Phase) Maximum Spending Rebate
(Entire Promotion Period)
3 – 4 Times 5 Times or above Eligible Online Transactions Only
(Include Hong Kong Dollars, Renmibi and Macau Patacas)
HK$100 HK$200 HK$1,200 (A) Eligible Foreign Currency Transactions
(B) Eligible Foreign Currency Transactions and Eligible Online Transactions
- Eligible Online Transactions and/or Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction must be made during the Promotion Period. All Eligible Online Transactions and/or Eligible Foreign Currency Transaction made through Principal and Supplementary cards under the same Eligible Card Account will be combined.
- If transactions are confirmed to be qualified for Spending Rebate rewarded after verification by Citibank at its sole and absolute discretion, the corresponding Spending Rebate will be automatically credited to the last registered Eligible Card account and shown in the monthly statement on or before March 31, 2018. The total Spending Rebate to be rewarded will be rounded up to the nearest dollar.