- INTEREST & FOREIGN EXCHANGE (FX) RATES OF THE DAY
You can have the most up-to-date and accurate Interest and Foreign Exchange (FX) Rates from our website.
Highest Time Deposit Rate Today:
Preferential Time Deposit Interest Rate
|HKD||Up to 1.00% p.a.|
|AUD||Up to 4.50% p.a.|
|NZD||Up to 4.50% p.a.|
|RMB||Up to 3.00% p.a.|
Highest Premium Account* Rate Today:
Preferential Premium Account Interest Rate
General Terms and Conditions for Time Deposit :General Terms and Conditions for Time Deposit :
- The up to 2.90% p.a. RMB 6-month time deposit offer is subject to quota availability and is being offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. Clients must bring in new fund of RMB 300,000 (or above), and set up 6-month tenor RMB time deposit in order to enjoy 2.90% p.a. deposit rate. The preferential RMB time deposit offer is not applicable to the time deposit set up via online or mobile banking.
- 1.00% p.a. HKD 3-month time deposit offer is only applicable to New-to-bank Citigold Private Client and Citigold clients (Clients who do not hold any Citibank banking account in the past 12 months) who set up a HKD 3-month time deposit with new fund of HK$50,000 to HK$20,000,000. Clients must apply for the Integrated Wealth Management Service which includes Mutual Fund, FundSelect Savings Plan, Bonds Brokerage Service, Structured Investment Product, Hong Kong Securities Service, US Securities Service, Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect – Shanghai Securities Services, Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect – Shenzhen Securities Services (collectively “Securities Services”), Market Linked Account, Premium Account and their associated settlement accounts (collectively “Integrated Account”).New-to-bank Citi Priority and Citibanking clients (Clients who do not hold any Citibank banking account in the past 12 months) who set up a HKD 3-month time deposit with a new fund of HK$50,000 to HK$20,000,000 can enjoy up to 0.90% p.a.. Clients must be a holder of Stock Accounts (HK, US & Shanghai A-shares via SH-HK Stock Connect).
- New funds are defined as the new-to-bank funds incremental to the latest total account balance compared to the Average Daily Combined Balance of the previous month. Funds transferred within the Bank will not be eligible. The Average Daily Combined Balance is calculated based on the sum of your daily balances of deposit, investment and accumulated paid premium of selected insurance products of all your single name account(s) and joint name account(s), divided by the number of days in the month.
- The 4.50% p.a. AUD / 4.50% p.a. NZD 1-month time deposit rates are only applicable to clients who set up a 1-month time deposit with AUD / NZD funds that were converted from new fund of HK$200,000 (or above) or equivalent new fund HKD/USD/EUR/GPB/CHF/JPY with the Bank.
- All above mentioned time deposit offers are not applicable to time deposits set up via online or mobile channel and are subjected to change from time to time without prior notice.
- All interest rates are annualized interest rates that are for reference only and are not guaranteed. The actual time deposit interest rate would depend on the terms and conditions of the promotion offers, deposit amount, currency, tenor and interest rate on the value date. All interest rates are subject to change due to market fluctuations without prior notice. The preferential interest rate is subject to quota availability and it will be offered in first-come-first-serve basis.
FX foreign currency trading is subject to rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the restrictions prevailing at the relevant time. Investors may experience a loss when they convert foreign currency back to their home currency. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for them in light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate.
Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited.
All obligations herein are payable solely at and by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, subject to the laws of Hong Kong (including governmental actions, orders, decrees and regulations). Products might only be applicable to limited jurisdictions.
RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB through banks in Hong Kong is subject to certain restrictions. The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the prevailing restrictions at the relevant time . The exchange rate of RMB can go up and down. Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. Customers are offered offshore ("CNH") rates for RMB conversion.
In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the content, the English version shall prevail.
Remarks for Time Deposit and Premium Account rates:Remarks for Time Deposit and Premium Account rates:
- The interest rates will be updated daily from Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
- All interest rates are annualized interest rates that are for reference only and are not guaranteed. The actual time deposit interest rates would depend on the terms and conditions of the promotion offers, deposit amount, currency, tenor and interest rate on the value date. All interest rates are subject to change due to market fluctuations without prior notice. Foreign currency time deposit is subject to exchange rate fluctuations, which may provide both opportunities and risks. Please contact 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at (852) 2860 0333 for details.
- The above Premium Account (PA) Interest Rate is for reference only. PA interest rate is formulated based on a number of factors. This information does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. A Premium Account is a structured investment. Investment involves risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Please refer to the relevant terms and conditions and Important Disclaimer.
- Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction.