Citibank "FundSelect Savings Plan" can help you reach your goals sooner through affordable monthly investments.
- Make monthly investments as low as HK$1,000, and choose from over 500 quality funds.
- Redeem or switch your funds any time. There is no minimum investment period or termination charge for withdrawing funds after the first 12 months of account opening.
"Dollar-cost-averaging " helps lower your cost
Despite market ups and downs, "FundSelect Savings Plan" benefits from the effect of "dollar cost averaging", allowing you to enjoy a lower average cost. When the market goes down, more units will be accumulated as the, fund prices decline; on the other hand, when the market goes up, your contribution will buy fewer units.
The illustration below shows the performance of a Hong Kong equity fund between March 2004 and February 2014 and how the "FundSelect Savings Plan" helped investors accumulate funds systematically amid market ups and downs.
- Total aggregate contribution: HK$1,200,000 (Monthly investment HK$10,000 x 120 months)
- The figures are for illustration purposes only, transaction fee is not included and are not indicative of the actual situation. Mutual Fund investment portfolios should be formulated based on a customer‘s investment objective and risk appetite.
Continuous Investment Helps Achieve Your Goal
The below example illustrates the longer the investment period, the better potential return you may receive, helping you achieve your long term goals sooner.
The following reference indices are used as the projected rate of returns in this example:
- Asian Equities: The 10-year annualized rate of return of MSCI Asia ex-Japan Index for the period between March 2004 and February 2014: 9.90% per annum. (All transaction costs are not taken into consideration.)
- Hong Kong Equities: The 10-year annualized rate of return of Hang Seng Index for the period between March 2004 and February 2014: 8.64% per annum. (All transaction costs are not taken into consideration.)
- Global Equities: The 10-year annualized rate of return of MSCI AC World Index for the period between March 2004 and February 2014: 7.56% per annum. (All transaction costs are not taken into consideration.)
- Cash: The 10-year average of 1-month Hong Kong HIBOR for the period between March 2004 and February 2014: 1.4675% per annum.
Subscription fee Offer
- Subscription fee waiver for the 12th monthly contribution.
- 1% discount on monthly subscription fees.
Terms & Conditions:Terms & Conditions:
Subscription fee offer:
- The subscription fee discount is only applicable to selected "Class A Mutual Funds" with subscription fee of 3% or above.
- Redemption of mutual fund shares/units under the "FundSelect Savings Plan" within 12 months of account opening will be subjected to a 1% early termination charge of the redemption amount in addition to normal redemption charges (if any).
Important Disclaimer:Important Disclaimer:
This website is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Investments should not be treated as a substitute for time deposits. Investors should refer to the relevant fund offering documents for detailed information prior to subscription. Investments are not bank deposits and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Unit prices may go down as well as up. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Unless specified, these investments are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency. Investment products are not available to U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Potential investors should consider if an investment is suitable for them in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. The English version shall prevail when there is any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.