|Citibank provides investors online IPO subscription services with handling fee waiver. You can now subscribe new shares easily to grasp every investment opportunity.|
What is an Initial Public Offering?
An initial public offering (IPO) is a company‘s first issue of new shares to raise funds from capital market through financial intermediary for company’s future development.
Citibank provides IPO subscription services for IPO listed on the Main Board only.
Subscribing new shares^
Citibank provides IPO services through Online Banking (Yellow form).
|Application Channel||How to receive the allotted shares|
|White form||In general, you may not be able to sell the shares until the shares are deposited into CCASS.|
|Yellow form||If you have opened a securities account with your intermediary (brokerage or bank), the successfully allotted new shares will be deposited into your securities account of your intermediary with CCASS and registered under HKSCC Nominees Limited. So you will not receive the physical share certificates.|
Citibank IPO Services – Current IPO
|Listing Date||Stock Name
|Citibank Subscription Period*||Application Channel||IPO handling Fee|
|From||To||Allotment Date||Refund Date|
|8/16/2019||HANDS FORM HLDG (1920)||8/6/2019||8/8/2019||8/15/2019||8/16/2019||Citibank Online||Waived|
1) Once the IPO application is submitted, it will be processed and cannot be amended or cancelled.
2) The cutoff time of IPO subscription via Citibank Online will be 4:00pm of closing day of Citibank Subscription Period*.
How to subscribe IPO through Citibank
Step1: After log onto www.citibank.com.hk online banking and select "Wealth Management" → "Stock Trading" → "IPO" → "Apply"
Select "Wealth Management" → Stock Trading"
Step2: Upon confirming the prospectus has been read and understood and completing the application form, click "CONFIRM" and "SUBMIT" to submit your application
You can also click here to view the demo video about the detailed online application process.
|IPO Handling Fee (per application)||HKD/CNY100* (Waived until further notice)|
|Brokerage Fee^||1% of the Application Amount|
|SFC transaction levy^||0.0027% of the Application Amount|
|Stock Exchange trading fee^||0.005% of the Application Amount|
All charges are subject to the final determination of listing documents of the corresponding IPO.
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions:
- Clients will still be charged non-brokerage fee items such as, but not limited to, Stamp Duty, Transaction Levy and Trading Fee where applicable.
- The Bank will credit the refund amount to a client's Hong Kong Dollar settlement account. If only a US Dollar/Renminbi (RMB) settlement account is linked to the securities account, the refund amount will be credited to that account. An exchange rate of USD1 = HKD7.8/RMB1 = HKD1.2 will be used for all calculations.
- Online IPO application handling fee waiver is valid until December 31, 2019.
- All the above offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- All the above offers / rewards are not applicable to clients who are the employee of the Bank or Citibank N.A or its subsidiaries during the Promotion Period and at the time crediting the rewards.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, amend and terminate the offers and change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- The Bank reserves the right of final decision in the event of dispute.
- In the event of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products. This website material is for information purposes only and is not intended to constitute any offer or solicitation or advice to buy or sell any security. Investments are not bank deposits and are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency, and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Share prices may go down as well as up. Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.