Citibank Debit Mastercard brings you banking convenience locally and globally. From cash withdrawals to your daily purchases and bill payments, all you need is your Citibank Debit Mastercard. The payment will be debited directly from your banking account, and you will experience exclusive lifestyle privileges when you make purchases with your card.
A Citibank debit card comes with a host of benefits to provide an enhanced banking experience both online and offline. It also facilitates contactless payments. What’s more, you can convert your Citi ATM card into a Citi Debit Mastercard and take advantage of all the efficient features.
Local Spending：Up to 1% cash rebate* for first 6 months
Enjoy up to 1% cash rebate for every Point-of-Sale purchase or online purchase for the first 6 months of card issuance, and up to 0.5% thereafter.
*Citibanking clients can enjoy standard cash rebate rate of 0.5% in the whole period.
Citibank Global Wallet
Love online shopping in overseas websites but don’t love the additional fees and charges? Just activate Global Wallet and prepare sufficient foreign currencies, then you can pay directly with your foreign currency accounts. No more worries about uncertain FX rates, plus you can pay for your purchases without any extra charges.
FIND OUT MORE >
Transact Securely Online
Shop online with peace of mind, knowing your online purchases are protected.
ACTIVATE THE FUNCTION >
Tap to Pay With Your Mobile Phone/Debit Mastercard
Experience faster, more convenient and secure ways to pay. You can pay with just a tap of your contactless-enabled Citibank Debit Mastercard, or add it to digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay to simply pay with just a tap of your mobile phone.
ACTIVATE Apple Pay FUNCTION >
ACTIVATE Samsung Pay FUNCTION >
Access Cash Anytime
Withdraw cash conveniently at Citibank or JETCO ATMs in Hong Kong. Plus, enjoy handling fee-free ATM cash withdrawals globally at Citibank ATMs worldwide.
Exclusive Citibank Debit Mastercard Privileges
Gain access to exclusive social events and a host of lifestyle privileges tailored for you and your family.
The benefits of debit card:
- Debit cards are similar to ATM cards. You can use your debit card with your personal identification number (PIN) to withdraw cash from ATMs.
- Your debit card carries the Mastercard® branding which allows you to perform signature-based Point-of-sale (POS) transactions to purchase goods and services.
- For purchases made on debit cards, the purchase amount is immediately deducted from your bank account. You can spend only the amount in your account. So, you don’t have to worry about late fees or interest charges.
- You may control your spending simply by using the daily POS/online purchase limit of your debit card.
Card Security Features
Citibank ATM/ Debit Mastercard offers a comprehensive range of security features for your added security.
- Card Activation can be done instantly and conveniently at any time of the day via Citibank Online, Citi Mobile App and Citibank ATMs.
- A missing card can be quickly deactivated, with a replacement card sent upon request.
- Citi Alerts: Get SMS anytime there is a transaction on your card.
To enroll, login to Citibank Online.
- Citibank Online and Citi Mobile: Track your account balances and transactions easily.
Want to convert your existing Citi ATM Card to a Citi Debit Mastercard?
See how to apply now:
Get your Debit Mastercard Ready”
Select “Apply for a Citbank Debit Mastercard” from “Profile & Settings”
Read and agree with the Terms and Conditions. Tap “Confirm” to proceed
Enter Citi Mobile Token Unlock Code or the One-time Password from the SMS for authentication
Your Citi Mobile Token or One-Time Password will then be automatically authenticated
Done! Your application is complete
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
We are delighted to introduce Mastercard as our new Debit Card scheme provider, as part of our efforts to bring enhanced services and greater privileges to all Citibank clients. Starting from July 2018, all our Debit and ATM cards will be issued on the Mastercard network. The new Citi Debit Mastercard brings you the extra convenience of Point-of-Sale purchases, online and contactless payments debited directly from your bank account, as well as ATM cash withdrawals. You will also enjoy benefits such as dining, shopping and travel privileges with your new Debit Card. You will receive a notification letter with details on the upcoming card replacement exercise before a new card is mailed to you.
|ATM Card functions||Debit Card functions|
|• Cash withdrawal||• Cash withdrawal|
|• Point-of-Sale debit and contactless payment^^|
|• Online purchase|
|• Spending Reward - Enjoy up to 1% cash rebate during the first 6 months^|
|• Dining, shopping and travel privileges|
|• Exclusive Mastercard privileges|
^No cash rebate will be offered for any transactions using Citibank Global Wallet and posted in foreign currencies (any currency other than HKD)
^^Mastercard Point-of-Sale debit and contactless payment exclude EPS.
- If you are currently holding a Citi ATM Card (without debit function), you can apply for a new Citi Debit Mastercard by using any of the opt-in channels listed in the notification letter that will be mailed to you. You can also visit any of our branches to apply.
- If you are currently holding a Citi Visa Debit Card, a new Citi Debit Mastercard will be mailed to you. Replacement of existing Citi Visa Debit Cards will be carried out progressively from July 2018.
- You need to activate your ATM/Debit card within 90 days through the Citi Mobile® App, Citibank Online, any Citibank ATM in Hong Kong or by visiting any of our branches.
- For clients who is currently holding Visa Debit card, you will also need to activate the online purchase and contactless payment functions for your new Debit Mastercard through the Citi Mobile® App, Citibank Online, or by visiting any of our branches.
For more details on how to activate, please visit www.citibank.com.hk/cardactivation
- Your new ATM/Debit card will become invalid if it is not activated within 90 days. You can visit any of our branches to request for a new ATM/Debit card. You can continue to use your existing ATM/Debit card until the card expiry date. Your existing ATM/Debit card will be closed as soon as you activate your new card.
Yes, you must immediately sign on the back of the card upon receiving it. Your signature must be the same as the signature on record with Citibank.
Yes, your card number, expiration date and CVV number will change. However, your ATM Personal Identification Number (PIN), banking account number, direct debits and standing instruction orders, login ID for Citibank Online and Mobile App will remain the same.
Your limits will be the same as your existing Visa ATM/Debit Card, unless your card type has changed. In which case, your limits will either be the same as your existing Visa ATM/Debit Card or your latest card type, whichever is lower.
MasterCard Point-of-Sale limit excludes EPS. Your EPS limit will be shared with bill payment limit here.
Yes. You can change any of your limits through the Citi Mobile® App, Citibank Online, by visiting any of our branches. For more details on how to change your limits, please visit www.citibank.com.hk/cardactivation
|Card type||Daily ATM cash withdrawal limit||Daily MasterCard POS/contactless payment limit^^||Daily Online purchase limit|
|Citi Plus, Citi Priority and Citibanking||HK$20,000||HK$50,000||HK$50,000|
|Citigold Private Client and Citigold||HK$40,000||HK$100,000||HK$100,000|
^^MasterCard Point-of-Sale limit exclude EPS. Your EPS limit will be shared with bill payment limit here.
The following transactions, including but not limited to, are not supported by the Debit Mastercard - recurring transactions, auto-pay, mail/fax/phone order, installment payments, overseas ATM cash withdrawals or overseas point-of-sale or online debit payment transactions with an overseas registered merchant/acquirer bank which is transacted and settled in Hong Kong dollars (e.g. Dynamic Currency Conversion).
The overseas POS transaction will usually involve currency exchange during settlement. Therefore, if you ask to reverse / refund the overseas POS transactions, the amount you receive (if any) may be less than the amount debited due to such currency exchange adjustment and/or handling fees.
You can call (852)2860 0333 or visit any branches for enquiries.
- Please note that your privileges, rewards, and/ or services will differ depending on your Debit Card card type.
- In addition to ATM withdrawal functions, your Debit Card also allows you to sign for local and overseas purchases, perform contactless payment via Mastercard Contactless (including through the use of digital wallets like Samsung Pay), and online purchase (collectively ,"Debit Card Transactions") which shall be paid for by directly deducting the transaction amount from your primary bank account.
- Your Debit Card therefore carries the risk of unauthorized signature-based, contactless payment or card not-present transactions. Please note that the default maximum daily Mastercard POS/online purchase limit for these types of Debit Card Transactions is HK$50,000 (Citi Priority and Citibanking card type) and HK$100,000 (Citigold Private Clients and Citigold card type) respectively unless revised by you. Please note that your EPS limit will be shared with bill payment limit separately (Details).if you had previously revised your old Debit Card’s maximum daily POS/ online purchase limit, the limits under your new Debit Card will remain the same as your existing daily limits of your old card, or base on your latest Debit Mastercard / ATM card type, whichever is lower.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Although the Mastercard that you have received is a chip card it also has the magnetic stripe for overseas use. While chip technology can reduce the risks of cloning, the magnetic stripe portion of the debit card can still be cloned. As debit cards allow customers to sign off on the receipt, there is also a risk of forgery.
Some merchants allow you to make transactions below a certain value without the need to sign off on the transaction receipt. Do ask the merchant for a receipt of the transaction to ensure the correct amount is deducted. If the wrong payment amount is deducted, please contact Citibank immediately.
Your debit card details (such as name, account number, expiry date etc.) may be captured by fraudsters either through skimming or via intercepted online transactions. Fraudsters will then be able to use such information to clone a card or perform fraudulent card-not-present transactions (such as online or mail-order-telephone-order (MOTO) transactions).
However, for online purchases with merchants whose websites are enabled with the 3D Secure Technology, you will be asked to enter a One-Time Password before you can complete the transaction. This helps to protect you against online fraud and is a secure way to authenticate that you are making the purchase as the rightful owner of the debit card being used. Inform Citibank immediately if you have received a One-Time Password (OTP) but you did not make any online purchase transaction.
- Never leave your debit card or documents containing its details lying around.
- Sign the back of your debit card with permanent ink as soon as you receive it.
- Change your PIN immediately upon the receipt of the PIN mailer. Memorize your PIN and destroy the PIN mailer.
- Safeguard your card details. Do not disclose your personal identification number (PIN) for cash withdrawals to anyone.
- Only shop at reputable and legitimate merchants (including online stores). Do not perform online transactions using shared devices such as computers in cybercafes.
- When you make small value transactions without the need to sign off on the receipt, ask the merchant for a receipt of the transaction to ensure the correct amount is deducted.
- Check regularly that your cards are with you.
- Contact Citibank immediately if your card or card information is lost or stolen. Note the time and date when you do so.
Terms & Conditions:Terms & Conditions:
Your use of the Citibank ATM and Citibank Debit Mastercard is governed by the Citibank Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions as set out in the Citibank Hong Kong Global Consumer Banking Terms and Conditions. For the Citibank ATM or Citibank Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions, please visit www.citibank.com.hk.
For the details of service fee, please visit www.citibank.com.hk/servicefees.
The handling fee waiver for overseas ATM cash withdrawal is limited to the handling charge incurred by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A.. For transactions effected in currencies other than Hong Kong dollars, the amount withdrawn will be converted into Hong Kong dollars at the prevailing exchange rate plus a conversion spread as determined by the Bank on the conversion day and debited from your account together with any charges that may be imposed by the respective ATM network provider (if any).
Illustration for Spending Reward Cash Rebate Calculation: The 1% (Citibanking clients: 0.5%) cash rebate is only applicable to Eligible Transactions posted within the 180-day period from the day after the first Debit Card is issued. For example, if the Card is issued on January 1, 2018, the 1% (Citibanking clients: 0.5%) cash rebate applies to Eligible Transactions posted from January 2, 2018 to July 1, 2018.
Terms and conditions of the spending reward cash rebate:
- Citibank Debit Card, with a point-of-sale debit payment function via the card association Network (the "Card"), is only available for card-present transactions (The card must be presented to the merchant when payment is made), digital wallet, contactless and online retail purchase transaction. The following transactions, including but without limitation, are not applicable to the Card: recurring transactions, auto-pay, mail/fax/phone order and installment payments.
- The payment amount will be directly debited from a HKD savings/checking account (the "Bank Account") linked to the Card. The Cardholder must ensure there is sufficient balance in the Banking Account for the settlement of the total payment amount. Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A. ("Citibank") reserves the right to reject the transaction or debit the Bank Account to a negative balance if there are insufficient funds in the Bank Account to settle the payment.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Debit Card Cash Rebate Program (the "Program") is only applicable to the Card issued by Citibank.
- During the Program, cardholders will earn designated cash rebates for Eligible Transactions (as defined in Clause 5 below) made by the Card within a certain period. The cash rebate amount will be calculated by multiplying the single net Eligible Transaction amount in Hong Kong dollars by the respective rebate percentage. The cash rebate is not applicable to transactions, including without limitation to payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, transactions without sales slips, other unauthorized transactions and unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, as well as unsettled transactions due to insufficient account balance in bank account. Citibank reserves the right to change the rebate ratio and the criteria for Eligible Transactions at any time and without prior notice. The decision of Citibank as to what constitutes an Eligible Transaction shall be final and conclusive.
- Eligible Transactions (the "Eligible Transactions") only include posted transactions from point-of-sale debit payment, digital wallet, contactless and online retail purchase functions made by the Card via the card association Network.
- To enjoy the cash rebate, the relevant Card and the Bank Account must be valid (meaning not cancelled or terminated) and are regarded as being in good standing by Citibank.
- If transactions are confirmed to qualify for a cash rebate after verification by Citibank at its sole and absolute discretion, the corresponding cash rebate will be automatically credited to the Bank Account and shown in the next monthly statement. Until it is credited to the Account, it is not transferrable and cannot be converted to cash.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the cash rebate earned in respect of those transactions will be deducted or cancelled from the Bank Account.
- Fraud and abuse will result in forfeiture of a cardholder's eligibility to participate in this Program. Citibank reserves the right to withdraw the equivalent value of the cash rebate directly from a cardholder's Bank Account without prior notice.
- Relevant terms and conditions regarding the year-round privileges are applicable to the Card. Citibank shall not be responsible for any matters in relation to the related products and services. The respective merchant is solely responsible for all obligations and liabilities relating to such products or services and all auxiliary services.
- Citibank is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability in any form whatsoever to perform the following: terminate the Program; cancel or vary its benefits or features; vary, add to or delete any of these Terms and Conditions; and modify or limit the value of the cash rebate amount.
- Cardholders must keep all original merchant sales receipts and sales slips and may be required to submit the relevant receipts/sales slips for inspection upon Citibank's request.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.