Citi Alerts service is a great way to let you stay on top of your account activity
- Stay informed: Get free updates about your bank, investment and credit card account activities via Mobile App push notifications, SMS and/or email
- Personalized : You can select your preferred notification channels, your required alerts and set separate alerts to be triggered when transactions reach your specified amount, so you can focus on what’s important
Steps to enable and view Citi Alerts Push Notifications
Log on to the Citi Mobile® App
Tap the “Push Notification” icon at the top right
Tap “Enable” and select the types of Notifications you want to receive
View notifications at “Push Notification” page and tap “All”, “Service and Transactions” and “Offers” tabs to filter notifications
- Since Google Play service is not available in China, if you use the latest Citi Mobile Android app and frequently travel to China, you may not receive Push Notifications. Thus, we suggest that you enroll in SMS Citi Alerts again by following the steps in the below table
Enable Citi Alert SMS & Email Alerts
Log on to Citibank Online > Services > My Profile > Citi Alerts
|Card-not-present Transaction Alert (real-time alert)||Notification on transaction where the cardholder is not physically present (e.g. online purchase) at the merchant when the payment is made.|
|Point-of-sale Transaction Alert (real-time alert)||Notification on point-of-sale transactions done through merchant terminal|
|Account Overdrawn Alert||Notification when your checking account is overdrawn|
|Debit via Interbank Autopay/ Standing Instruction Alert||Notification on debit transactions to your Checking/Savings account via local Interbank Autopay or standing instruction|
|Credit via Interbank Autopay Alert||Notification on credit transactions to your Checking/Savings account via local Interbank Autopay|
|Account Balance Alert (Weekly alert on Friday)||Notification on your Checking/Savings account balance. You will receive one SMS alert for each account|
|Time Deposit Maturity Alert||Notification on the maturity date of your Time Deposit|
|Online Payments and Transfers Alert (real-time)||Notification on debit transactions (payments or transfers) done through Citibank Online that have reached the amount you have specified|
|Online Payments and Transfers Alert for Gold Transactions||Notification on gold transactions done via online or mobile channels|
|ATM Card Transaction Alert (real-time)||Notification when there is a cash withdrawal or transfer made on your account from an ATM machine worldwide that has reached the amount you have specified|
|FX Order Watching /
FX Margin Order Execution Alert
|Notification when your FX Margin order or FX order is executed|
|FX Margin Credit Monitoring Alert||Notification to monitor the margin level of your FX Margin Account|
|FX Leverage Credit Monitoring Alert||Notification to monitor the leverage level of your FX Leverage account|
|FX Margin Account Activation Alert||Notification on the activation of your newly opened FX Margin account|
|Premium Account Payment Currency Alert||Notification on the payment currency of your Premium Account upon notification date|
|Credit Card Transaction Alert (real-time alert)||Notification to the principal cardholder each time a credit card transaction/pre-authorization reaches your specified amount|
|90% Credit Limit Reached Alert (real-time alert)||Notification when your total spending exceeds 90% of your credit line|
|Payment Due Alert||Notification on statement balance and minimum payment before payment due date of each month|
|Payment Posted Alert||Notification on receipt of your payment|
|Statement Notification Alert||Notification on next payment due date and the minimum amount due when your statement is issued|
|Suspicious Transaction Alert||Notification on suspicious transaction|
Simply send us an SMS using your registered phone to activate your credit card, check the latest statement balance or available credit limit. Your request will be processed instantly!
|Activate a new credit card||
|Check the latest statement balance of credit card||
|Check the available credit limit of your credit card||
Citi Alerts Service sends notifications via Citi Mobile® App, SMS and/or email to remind or notify you on the latest information regarding your banking, investment and credit card accounts.
All Citibank customers can enroll in this service.
No. The service will apply to all of your card accounts.
The service will be effective within two business days of your enrollment.
No, this service is free of charge for all Citibank customers.
There is no need to pre-subscribe to the SMS service from your mobile service provider. Please consult your mobile service provider for details.
Log in to the Citi Mobile® App > Setting > Alerts & Notifications > Enable Notifications or log in to the Citi Mobile® App > Push Notification > Manage Push Notification
- Push Notification cannot be managed at Citibank Online. However, you can check your current enrollment status of Push Notification by logging on to Citibank Online > Services > My Profile > Citi Alerts.
- Since Google Play service is not available in China, if you use latest Citi Mobile Android app and frequently travel to China, you may not receive Push Notifications. Thus, we suggest you to enroll in SMS Citi Alerts again via Citibank Online.
SMS & Email Alerts
Log in to the Citibank Online > Services > My Profile > Citi Alerts
Push Notifications is a new delivery method of alerts via Citi Mobile® App. Today you can receive alerts via Push Notifications, SMS and/or Email.
Enrolling for Push Notifications will automatically replace the SMS alerts that you may be currently receiving.
If you want to enable to receive alerts via SMS, please log on to Citibank Online > Services > My Profile > Citi Alerts > Modify Alerts > Edit > Select your alerts and check “SMS” box.
If you have enabled SMS alerts, please check the below:
- Your mobile phone is connected to a mobile network
- Your registered mobile phone number is correct
Enabling Push Notifications will automatically replace SMS alerts that you may be currently receiving. If you also want to receive alerts via SMS, please log on to Citibank online > Services > Citi Alerts > Modify Alerts > Edit > Select your alerts and check “SMS” box.
Yes, please refer to Q8 on how to maintain your Citi Alerts Service enrollment.
Enrolling for Push Notifications will automatically replace SMS alerts that you may be currently receiving. If you want to receive alerts via SMS at the same time, please log on to Citibank online > Services > Citi Alerts > Modify Alerts > Edit > Select your alerts and check “SMS” box.
It will not impact your Email Notifications. You will continue to receive your email notifications.
Log in to the Citi Mobile® App > Setting > Alerts & Notifications > Toggle off “Enable Notifications” or log in to the Citi Mobile® App > Push Notification > Manage Push Notification > Toggle off “Enable Notifications”
You can log in to the Citi Mobile® App, tap the alert icon at the top right corner to view your alerts.
Push Notifications will be retained in your account for 6 months after you receive them. You will not be able to delete any Push Notifications from your Citi Mobile® App.
Changing the threshold limit in Citi Mobile® App will change the limit across all types of alert delivery including SMS and email.
For example, if your current ‘online transaction' threshold limit is HK$5,000 and you change the limit to HK$10,000, all subsequent alerts will be received when the amount of transactions are greater than HK$10,000.
There are 2 ways to disable Push Notifications if you have lost your phone
- Enroll for Push Notifications using another phone
- Call CitiPhone Hotline +852 2860 0333 to disable Push Notifications
For security reasons, a device can only be allowed for one customer to enroll at the same time. If you cannot enable Push Notifications on a device, it could be because another user has already enabled Push Notifications on this device. If you would like to enable Push Notifications on this device for your account, you can either:
- Ask the other user who has enabled Push Notifications on this device to disable it, or
- Delete and reinstall the Citi Mobile app, then log in to the Citi Mobile® App > Profile > Alerts & Notifications > Switch on/off the specific alerts for Push Notifications
We recommended that you only enable Push Notifications on the device that you commonly use.
Yes you can. You can check your push notifications up to 6 months ago on your new device.
You may not be able to receive Push Notifications when your mobile cannot connect to a stable WiFi or mobile data networks. We recommend you to log in to the mobile app to check your Push Notifications regularly under the alerts icon
If you suddenly stopped receiving Push Notifications, please check the below:
- Your mobile phone is connected to a WiFi or mobile data network
- Your Citi Mobile® App has not been deleted
- Your Citi Mobile® App is upgraded with the latest version
- Your Push Notifications is enrolled for Citi Mobile® App
- You have not downloaded Citi Mobile® App and enrolled for Push Notifications on any other phone
If all the above are true but you cannot receive Push Notifications, please call CitiPhone Hotline +852 2860 0333 for further assistance.
|Download Citi Mobile® App
Click here to learn more about Citi Mobile®
- Citi Alerts refers to e-Alert Service.
- Email providers like Yahoo!, Hotmail, Gmail and others are constantly changing their methods to classify email. We recommend you to add Citibank@emailapps.apac.citi.com to your address book or "APPROVED SENDERS" list, otherwise you might have a problem receiving important email notifications (on subscription) and other promotional/marketing materials from Citibank.
- *No Citi Alerts will be sent on Octopus reload or transactions charged to Octopus remaining value in Octopus Citibank Credit Card.
- SMS delivery time and amount displayed in the Citi Alerts SMS is subject to the authorization time and transaction amount submitted by respective merchants, thus may vary from actual final payment when deposit/advanced payment is required. Please refer to your credit card statement for final bill amount. The following merchant categories frequently require deposit: hotel, airline, medical, casino, car rental, gas station, telephone order and online purchases, etc.