From July 1, 2018, we are replacing the existing Citibank Visa Debit / ATM chip card with the Citibank Debit Mastercard / Cirrus ATM card. New applications for the Visa Debit /ATM chip card are no longer accepted. However, you may continue to use your existing Visa Debit / ATM card until it expires.
Citibank Visa Debit Card is more than just an ATM card. You can now make purchases at any Visa merchant and earn up to 1% cash rebate.
Cash in on our most flexible rebate program
- No cap on rebate earning - On all purchases at Visa merchants, the cash rebate is 1% for the first 6 months and 0.5% thereafter 2
- No date restriction - Earn rebates 365 days a year
- No merchant limitation - Rebates on all day-to-day purchases like coffee and movie tickets
As well as being more rewarding, the new Citibank® ATM card is more convenient too, in Hong Kong and around the world.
Look for Visa logo
Sign to confirm
Track your transactions
Daily Limit for POS Transcation:
HK$50,000 for Citi Priority® and Citibanking® and HK$100,000 for Citigold® and Citigold Private Client®.
- Payments are debited directly from your bank account, so you do not have to worry about late repayment.
- Instant SMS alerts are sent to your phone for each transaction of HK$500 or more.
For details of the service fees, please visit www.citibank.com.hk/servicefees.
General Terms and Conditions:General Terms and Conditions:
- Citibank ATM Card, with a point-of-sale debit payment function via the Visa Network (the "Card"), is only available for card-present transactions. The Card must be presented to the merchant when payment is made. The following transactions, including but without limitation, are not applicable to the Card: recurring transactions, auto-pay, mail/fax/phone/online order and installment payments.
- The payment amount will be directly debited from a HKD savings/checking account (the "Bank Account") linked to the Card. The Cardholder must ensure there is sufficient balance in the Banking Account for the settlement of the total payment amount. Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") reserves the right to reject the transaction or debit the Bank Account to a negative balance if there are insufficient funds in the Bank Account to settle the payment.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Citibank ATM Card Cash Rebate Program (the "Program") is applicable to the Card issued by Citibank.
- During the Program, cardholders will earn designated cash rebates for Eligible Transactions (as defined in Clause 5 below) made by the Card within a certain period. The cash rebate amount will be calculated by multiplying the single net Eligible Transaction amount in Hong Kong dollars by the respective rebate percentage. The cash rebate is not applicable to transactions, including without limitation to payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, transactions without sales slips, other unauthorized transactions and unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions. Citibank reserves the right to change the rebate ratio and the criteria for Eligible Transactions at any time and without prior notice. The decision of Citibank as to what constitutes an Eligible Transaction shall be final and conclusive.
- Eligible Transactions (the "Eligible Transactions") only include posted transactions from point-of-sale debit payment functions made by the Card via the Visa Network.
- To enjoy the cash rebate, the relevant Card and the Bank Account must be valid (meaning not cancelled or terminated) and are regarded as being in good standing by Citibank.
- If transactions are confirmed to qualify for a cash rebate after verification by Citibank at its sole and absolute discretion, the corresponding cash rebate will be automatically credited to the Bank Account and shown in the next monthly statement. Until it is credited to the Account, it is not transferrable and cannot be converted to cash.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the cash rebate earned in respect of those transactions will be deducted or cancelled from the Bank Account.
- Fraud and abuse will result in forfeiture of a cardholder's eligibility to participate in this Program. Citibank reserves the right to withdraw the equivalent value of the cash rebate directly from a cardholder's Bank Account without prior notice.