- Overseas ATM Cash Withdrawal Service
Starting from March 1, 2013, you will need to activate the overseas ATM withdrawal service on your ATM card and credit card(s) in advance if you wish to withdraw cash (including cash advances) from overseas ATMs1. You will need to set a daily withdrawal limit and an effective period for the overseas ATM withdrawal services2.
|Activation channels||Activation guide||Channel available date|
|Online Banking||Log onto www.citibank.com.hk||March 1, 2013|
|Phone Banking||Call 2860 03332860 0333 > Select language > Caller identification > Enter 5|
|Citibank branch||Please contact branch staff for help|
Activate the service at ATMs in Hong Kong with this JETCO sign
Click on to expand and on to minimize the details.
As required by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, the requirement will be imposed from March 1, 2013 for ATM and credit cards. The overseas ATM withdrawal service will be pre-set as "de-activated". So, if you want to withdraw cash from overseas ATMs on or after March 1, 2013, you will need to activate the overseas ATM withdrawal service by setting a desired daily overseas withdrawal limit and the active period. This is to further enhance the security for ATM services.
Citibank clients holding Citibank ATM or credit cards with the JETCO ATM logo are not required to perform the activation in order to withdraw cash from JETCO ATMs in Macau and China. However, please note that Citibank ATMs in Macau and China are not in the JETCO network, so you must activate the service if you wish to withdraw cash from these Citibank ATMs.
Starting from March 1, 2013, there are 4 channels available for you to modify the service:
- Citibank Online - Logon and select the overseas ATM withdrawal service activation
- Citibank ATMs and JETCO ATMs that display the JETCO chip-enabled ATM sticker
- Citibank Automated voice recording system - Call 2860033328600333 and follow the instructions.
- Citibank branches.
You must set the active period (start date and end date) and indicate a desired daily withdrawal limit in HKD. The start and end dates will be of Hong Kong time. If you are traveling overseas, please be aware that the time zone may be different from that of Hong Kong's.
Please log on to Citibank Online. Then select "Overseas ATM withdrawal service activation" on the right panel and follow the instructions. You will have to set both the active period and also the daily withdrawal limit for the ATM or credit card you would like to use overseas. Once you have completed the setup, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
The withdrawal setting will be effective upon reaching your selected start date for the active period. You will receive a confirmation SMS upon successful setup of the function.
You can perform the activation through Citibank Online or by calling our 24-hour CitiPhone Banking at (852) 2860 0333(852) 2860 0333
The maximum daily withdrawal limit remains unchanged: HK$20,000 for Citibanking® clients and Citi Priority® clients; HK$40,000 for Citigold clients and Citigold Private Clients®. For credit cards, the maximum withdrawal limit depends on individual credit limits or a daily withdrawal limit of HK$40,000, whichever is lower.
No. The overseas ATM withdrawal limit is not shared among different cards. However, please note that if your credit cards have a shared credit limit, the available amount for cash withdrawal is still affected by the usage of your credit cards.
No. This security measure only affects the overseas ATM withdrawal service. It does not affect other ATM service functions. You can still access your accounts and make transfers at overseas ATMs.
No. The activation is free of charge. Handling fees for cash withdrawals at overseas ATMs will still be waived.
No. The withdrawal limit applies to all the accounts linked to your card.
You and your joint account holders are holding separate ATM cards with different card numbers. So you and your joint account holders should activate the service separately. Each of you should choose your own active period and daily withdrawal limit for your own ATM cards. As your own personal settings will not be changed by your joint account holders, no notification will be sent to you if they make a change to their own settings.
The overseas ATM withdrawal service for your own ATM/ credit card must be set up by yourself. Third party authorization is not accepted.
Yes. You can set it for your credit card. Please note that if your supplementary card has the same card number as the principal card, the activation period and daily limit you set will also apply to the principal card and/or other supplementary cards with the same card number. All cards with the same number will share the same setting.
- If you withdraw cash from ATMs located in Mainland China and Macau, you will also need to activate the overseas ATM withdrawal service in advance. However, please note that you can withdraw cash from "JETCO" ATMs without the activation.
- Important Notes for Credit Cardholder(s) whose Principal Card(s) and Supplementary Card(s) share the same number: For cardholder(s) whose principal and supplementary credit card numbers are currently the same, both cardholders can activate the overseas ATM withdrawal service and set the daily withdrawal limit (including cash advances) and the effective period. The latest settings will be applied to both principal card and supplementary card(s). To allow individual settings on the principal and supplementary card(s), we will replace your supplementary cards with a different card number upon your card renewal date or by the end of December 2015, whichever is earlier. All the existing settings for autopay/ standing instructions will remain unchanged. If you would like to request for an earlier card replacement, please call (852) 2860 0333 for assistance.