A market-linked account is an investment tool linked to interest rates or currency exchange rates. It provides you with an opportunity to earn higher potential interest returns.
*Market-linked account is only applicable to Citigold Private Clients, Citigoldclients, Citi Priority clients and Citibanking clients.
- The amount you originally invested will be repaid to you even if the linked exchange rate or interest rate moves against your expectations.
- Investing in a variety of Structured Market-Linked Accounts could enhance potential interest returns and diversify your investment in different interest rate environments and market conditions
|Reference Currency Pair||USD/CNH|
|Barrier||6.1889 (USD/CNH Spot Exchange Rate on Trade Date)|
|Potential Return||5% of principal amount|
|Possible Scenarios on Final Fixing Date (CNH against USD)||Investor Payout on Maturity Date|
receive 5% return
USD/CNH fixing rate = 6.1400
|105% of Principal Amount
(CNY1,000,000 x 105% = CNY1,050,000)
receive 0% return
USD/CNH fixing rate = 6.18889
Depreciated USD/CNH fixing rate = 6.2300
100% of Principal Amount
(CNY1,000,000 x 100% = CNY1,000,000)
worst case scenario
|If the Bank defaults and becomes insolvent or bankrupt||Investor may lose the entire investment irrespective of the performance of the foreign currency market or the terms of the Market-Linked Account|
The above illustrative example is hypothetical and provided for illustrative purpose only. The scenarios are not based on the past performance of foreign currency. The Bank is not making any prediction of future movements in foreign currency by virtue of providing the illustrative example. It does not represent all possible outcomes or describe all possible factors that may affect the payout of an investment in the Market-Linked Account.
Important Information:Important Information:
- This is a structured product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Market-Linked Account unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- A Market-Linked Account is a structured investment with embedded options and is subject to the foreign exchange risk or interest rate risk.
- A Market-Linked Account is not a bank deposit and is not protected under any deposit protection scheme or by any authority.
- Investments involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
- Investors should hold the product to maturity and termination before maturity is NOT allowed. Early withdrawal or pre-termination of the Market-Linked Account prior to maturity is subject to the Bank's approval. Early withdrawal will not be entitled to any applicable interest accrued and is subject to the risk of possible loss of the Principal Amount.
- Investors should not only rely on the product description and illustrative examples alone to make investment decisions. Please also refer to the Disclosure of Key Risk Factors, Disclosures and Disclaimers set out below and the Terms and Conditions for the Market-Linked Account (including risk disclosure statement) for details. Investors should read the relevant content before subscribing to the Market-Linked Account. If you have any inquiries, please seek independent professional advice prior to subscription.
- Past performance is not indicative of future performance.
- Investor's investments are subject to the insolvency and credit risk of Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A. (the "Bank"). There is no assurance of protection against a default by the Bank in respect of payment obligation. In case of insolvency of the Bank, you may lose your entire investment irrespective of the performance of the foreign currency market or the money market and the terms of the Market-Linked Account.
- Investors should note that the purchase of the Market-Linked Account shall not in any way lead to a significant exposure of the total net worth to investment products. In the event of complete loss of the investment in the Market-Linked Account, investors' livelihood shall not be affected.
- This material is issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A., a licensed bank regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
Important Disclaimer:Important Disclaimer:
This webpage is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Investors should refer to the relevant offering documents for detailed information prior to subscription. Unlike traditional deposits, the Market-Linked Account has an investment element. Returns may vary and it is subject to a number of risks. Investors should also note that the Market-Linked Account is an investment product that should be held to maturity. Early withdrawal or pre-termination of the Market-Linked Account prior to maturity is subject to the risk of possible loss of the Principal Amount and/or Return. Termination by investor before maturity is not encouraged. Investors with investments denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Investment prices may go down as well as up. All obligations herein are payable solely at and by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and/ or Citibank, N.A., subject to the Laws of Hong Kong (including governmental actions, orders, decrees and regulations). Investors should consider whether the products are suitable based on their risk appetite, investment experience and objectives. If investors have any concerns about the products, they should consult their professional advisers. Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdictions.