Mutual funds offer the advantage of greater diversification and professional management. At Citibank, we offer a suite of mutual funds that complement your investment needs at various life stages, taking into account market conditions, risk appetite and financial needs.
Different ways to invest in Mutual Funds:
Lump sum investment
Allows you to invest a lump sum amount in the fund of your choice at the most opportune moment.
Monthly investments (FundSelect Savings Plan)
Making monthly investments is a systematic way of building up your savings by investing regularly regardless of the market fluctuations.
Mutual Fund Service
- Choose from a wide selection of reputable fund providers
- Diversify across various asset classes, regions and currencies.
Online Mutual Fund Service
- Manage your Mutual Fund online anytime anywhere.
FundSelect Savings Plan
- Capture the essence of "dollar cost averaging" by making affordable and regular contributions.
- Diversify your portfolio by investing in a range of products from a multi-asset fund.
- Access the latest factsheets, prospectuses, and annual reports at a glance.
Net Asset Value (NAV) Enquiry
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the latest fund price.
Portfolio Review Service
- Meet Citibank's Investment Specialists and review your portfolio regularly to meet your latest needs.
- Learn about our 4-step portfolio review service.
Citibank FundWatch Service
- Receive exclusive e-mail alert to help you capture every market opportunity.
Mutual funds are priced as per the Net Asset Value (NAV). NAV, which represents the market value of the fund per unit, is used by investors while purchasing and selling units from as well as to a Mutual Fund Company. NAV can be calculated by using the formula mentioned below:
NAV = Total value of all cash and securities in a Mutual Fund’s portfolio (less any liabilities) ÷ Total number of units in the Mutual Fund.
Mutual funds can be categorized as follows:
- Equity Funds – As the name suggests, this category of mutual fund invests primarily in stocks and is known as equity funds. This asset class can be both actively and passively managed and is typically categorized based on the company size, demography, and the investment style of the holdings in the portfolio.
- Bond Funds – Bond funds are comparatively less risky than equity funds. Also known as debt funds or fixed-income funds, bond funds aim to generate fixed monthly income for investors by investing in government, municipal, corporate, and convertible bonds which are comparatively less risky and secured.
- Balanced Funds – This category of mutual funds is synonymously known as hybrid funds. They comprise of both debt component and stock or equity component in a single portfolio with a specific ratio for each. These mutual funds diversify investment of the investors, thereby reducing their portfolio risk.
- Money Market Funds – Money market mutual funds refer to fixed-income mutual funds that can be categorized as low-risk investments. These investments are typically made in cash, cash equivalent securities, or high-credit-rating, debt-based securities with a short-term maturity. The primary goal of money market funds is to provide high liquidity to investors with a lower level of risk.
You can consider investing in mutual funds if you wish to diversify your investment portfolio and invest passively. There are also other benefits of investing in mutual funds. Some of these benefits are given below:
- Professional Management of investments in the fund's holding
- Helps in the diversification of investment portfolio
- Minimizes transaction costs
- Liberty to sell holdings in open-ended mutual funds at any time
- Access to international markets
The information herein is for general information only. It should not be relied upon as legal or professional advice. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information herein, no warranty or representation is made as to its correctness or completeness. Content herein may be modified at any time without notice.
Important Information:Important Information:
This is an investment product. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the investment product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
The Mutual Funds is a product of the issuer and Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an agent in the transactions of the Mutual Funds.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited and you out of the selling process of any investment product by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited as agent for third party service providers or the processing of the related transaction, Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited will enter into a financial dispute resolution scheme process with you in accordance with the applicable rules. However any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between directly the third party service provider and you.
Important Disclaimers:Important Disclaimers:
This webpage is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. Investments should not be treated as a substitute for time deposits. Investors should refer to the relevant fund offering documents for detailed information prior to subscription. Investments are not bank deposits and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal. Unit prices may go down as well as up. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Unless specified, these investments are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency. Investment products are not eligible for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Potential investors should consider if an investment is suitable for them in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. The English version shall prevail when there is a discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.