Using Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading Services not only diversifies your portfolio risk, but also maintains the liquidity of your capital based on your own needs. Moreover, it enables you to capture any upside opportunities by way of FX trading with currencies that include EUR, USD, GBP, NZD, HKD, CAD, AUD, CHF, JPY, SGD and RMB. Be aware that FX trading is subject to rate fluctuations, which may present both opportunities and risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
Mobile & Online Trading Offers
From now until May 31, 2017, you can enjoy the following offers by trading FX via the Citi Mobile® App* Or Citibank Online.
Apart from the trading offers, you can also enjoy the 5 key benefits:
Live streaming rate with watchlist
Instant FX trading with personalized pricing
FX Order Watching Service
Timely, customized order alerts and price notification
Comprehensive order status monitor and detailed order history
1. General Terms & Conditions of Online & Mobile FX Trading Offers:
- Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion Period is valid from March 10 to May 31, 2017, inclusive of both dates ("Promotion Period").
- All offers are not applicable to US persons and employees of the Bank or Citibank N.A. or its subsidiaries.
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with other special promotions, discounts or promotional coupons, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and is entitled at any time without any liability in any manner whatsoever to alter the program without prior notice. Should there be any dispute, the Bank’s decision will be final.
- The English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail wherever there is a discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions.
2. Terms & Conditions of HK$100 Cash coupon rewards:
- Clients must complete a FX transaction in the amount of US$10,000 or above (or its equivalent) via Citi Mobile® App once under "FX Trading" within the promotion period. Clients can only enjoy the offer once and can receive a maximum of HK$100 reward.
- FX transactions exclude the conversion between Hong Kong and US Dollars.
- For joint accounts, only one offer will be given to the Primary Account Holder.
- The cash coupon will be sent to the clients’ correspondence address within 6-8 weeks after the promotion period. The offer is subject to the terms and conditions printed on the coupon.
3. Terms & Conditions of 50% off trading spread offer:
- The offer is only applicable to FX trades via Citibank Online or Citi Mobile® App under "FX Trading" within the promotion period.
- The offer is only applicable to clients who have had no FX or Premium Account transactions in Citibank in the 6 months prior to the Promotion Period. Clients who only had FX conversion between Hong Kong and US Dollars in the past 6 months are eligible for the offer.
- The Bank has the right to adjust the trading spread without prior notice
- The 50% off the spread discount will be automatically reflected in the Citibank Online or Citi Mobile® App under "FX Trading" when the FX order takes place.
- Offer details shown below are for illustration purposes only. The exchange rates may differ upon transaction booking.
|Original price||Promotion offer|
|Currency pair||Cus Sell||Cus Buy||Cus Sell||Cus Buy|
Important Disclaimer:Important Disclaimer:
This website is for information only and does not constitute any offer or solicitation to buy or sell. The risk of loss in foreign exchange trading can be substantial. Foreign currency trading is subject to rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. Foreign exchange trading involves risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. RMB exchange, like any other currency, is subject to exchange rate fluctuations. The exchange rate of RMB can go up and down. The applicable rate of RMB exchange is the offshore ("CNH") rates. Placing contingent orders, such as "stop loss" or "stop limit" orders, will not necessarily limit losses to the intended amounts. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. Investors may experience a loss when they convert foreign currency back to their home currency. Foreign currency trading involves risk, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investors should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in the light of their own financial position, investment objectives and risk profile. Exchange Controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate.
Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited endeavours to ensure the accuracy and reliability of any data and information they provide but do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of such data and information and accepts no liability (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies or omission. The use of such data and information is at the user's sole risk. Such data and information of this web page are provided for personal use only and shall not be furnished to any other person or entity for any reason. Any copying, reproduction and/or redistribution of any of the documents, data, content or materials contained on or within the Citibank Online and/or provided through the services without the express consent from Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited is strictly prohibited.
The above illustrative example is hypothetical provided for illustrative purpose only. The scenarios are not based on the past performance of foreign currency. The Bank is not making any prediction of future movements in foreign currency by virtue of providing the illustrative example. It does not represent all possible outcomes or describe all possible factors that may affect the payout of a transaction in Foreign Exchange Order Watching.