You could invest with as low as HK$1,000 per month to build a top-notch portfolio of shares in well-established Hong Kong companies. It's not a dream, but it could help you realize yours.
Stock Regular Savings Plan
- You can own shares in high-quality blue chips with as low as HK$1,000 per month
- Benefits of "Dollar-cost-averaging" mean the average price of the stocks in your portfolio may be lower than the market price
- Wide selection of more than 50 blue chips and out-performed ETF
- Flexible investment options to adjust your monthly investment contribution or sell your stocks at the time that best suits your financial needs by various channels including online & mobile banking
A key benefit of Stock Regular Savings Plan is on the effect of “Dollar Cost Averaging”. It allows you to enjoy a lower average cost per shares bought and at the same time lessen your worries on the market ups and downs as the effect of short-term price fluctuations is reduced. With a fixed monthly investment amount, when the stock price goes down, more shares will be accumulated; on the other hand, when the stock price goes up, your contribution will buy fewer shares.
Mr. Chan invests in a stock with a monthly investment contribution amount of HK$2,000
|6 months later|
|Accumulated no. of shares||5,370|
|Accumulated investment amount||HK$12,000 (HK$2,000 x 6)|
|Average cost per share purchased||HK$2.23 (HK$12,000 ÷ 5,370 )|
|Assume Mr. Chan sell the stock at month 6|
|Market value at month 6||HK$18,795 (5,370 x HK$3.5)|
|Investment return||HK$6,795 (HK$18,795 - HK$12,000)|
The above example is for illustration purpose only and is not indicative of any actual situation or future performance.
Brokerage fee, Stamp Duty, Transaction Levy and Trading Fee are not included in the above illustration.
|Monthly contribution fee*||HK$0^|
|Change of instruction (including switch of stock, change of monthly contribution amount, and termination of plan)||HK$50 for each request
(The fee will be waived from Mar 1, 2016)
|Service Charge for insufficient funds||HK$50|
|Additional service charge for plan termination within 1 year of subscription**||HK$250
(The fee will be waived from Mar 1, 2016)
|Monthly Investment Contribution Amount||The minimum monthly investment contribution amount for each stock is HK$1,000 (Extra contribution must be in multiples of HK$500).|
|Monthly Net Investment Amount||The actual investment amount after brokerage fee deduction.|
|Execution Date and Time||Monthly execution date will fall on the 10th of each month. If the execution date falls on a HKEX non-trading day, it will be deferred to next HKEX trading day.|
|Share Purchase Price||
The average price of all shares purchased with the pooled Monthly Net Investment Amount
|Settlement Date||The 2nd trading day after the execution day.|
|New Subscription/ Change
Request Effective Date
|A new instruction should be submitted before 7:00 pm on the 9th of the month(or one business day before Monthly Execution Day if 9th falls on a holiday) to take effect on that month.|
|Plan Termination||If the purchase order(s) cannot be executed for 3 consecutive months due to insufficient fund, your plan will be terminated automatically without prior notice.|
Example (For illustration only)
Assuming the client's regular investment amount is HKD1,000.
The investment amount after deduction of the monthly contribution fee will be used for purchasing securities.
The number of shares/units allocated to each customer will be rounded down to the nearest whole number of shares/units. Any remaining dollar amount will not be charged from client’s payment account.
|Regular contribution amt||Amount available for securities purchase*||Share price||No. of share purchased||Remaining amt not to be charged||Net investment amount|
|1st month||$1,000||$1,000||$2.0||500||$ -||$1,000.0|
|3rd month||$1,000||$1,000||$2.0||500||$ -||$1,000.0|
|4th month||$1,000||$1,000||$2.5||400||$ -||$1,000.0|
Average market price (sum of share prices ÷ number of months) = HK$2.42
Average cost per share (total net investments ÷ total number of shares purchased)
= HK$2.23 which is lower than the average market price
|Stock Name||Stock Code||Stock Name||Stock Code|
|HK & CHINA GAS||00003||CCB||00939|
|WHARF HOLDINGS||00004||CHINA MOBILE||00941|
|HSBC HOLDINGS||00005||LENOVO GROUP||00992|
|POWER ASSETS||00006||CKI HOLDINGS||01038|
|HANG SENG BANK||00011||HENGAN INT'L||01044|
|HENDERSON LAND||00012||CHINA SHENHUA||01088|
|SHK PPT||00016||CHINA RES LAND||01109|
|NEW WORLD DEV||00017||CK PROPERTY||01113|
|SWIRE PACIFIC A||00019||AIA||01299|
|BANK OF E ASIA||00023||ICBC||01398|
|GALAXY ENT||00027||SANDS CHINA LTD||01928|
|MTR CORPORATION||00066||WHARF REIC||01997|
|SINO LAND||00083||COUNTRY GARDEN||02007|
|HANG LUNG PPT||00101||AAC Tech||02018|
|CHINA MER PORT||00144||PING AN||02318|
|WANT WANT CHINA||00151||MENGNIU DAIRY||02319|
|GEELY AUTOMOBILE HOLDINGS LTD||00175||SUNNY OPTICAL||02382|
|CITIC||00267||BOC HONG KONG||02388|
|WH GROUP||00288||CHINA LIFE||02628|
|SINOPEC CORP||00386||TRACKER FUND||02800|
|HKEX||00388||CSOP A50 ETF||02822|
|CHINA OVERSEAS||00688||X ISHARES A50||02823|
|TENCENT||00700||HS H ETF||02828|
|CHINA UNICOM||00762||CAM CSI330||03188|
|CHINA RES POWER||00836||BANK OF CHINA||03988|
3 simple steps to open a stock account online
Logon to www.citibank.com.hk > Services > Investment Services > Apply for Securities Services
Complete 6 questions in the Suitability Questionnaire to ensure you are suitable to open a stock account, accept the Terms and Conditions, and then verify details.
Application confirmed. Keep the “Application Reference Number” acknowledgement for future reference.
Logon to www.citibank.com.hk > Wealth management > Stock trading
Choose Regular Savings Plan> Setup Plan> Input stock code, monthly investment contribution amount, effective month, and then verify details > click Next & confirm
You may review and confirm your RSP plan set up at Regular Savings Plan > Plan Overview
- To subscribe to this plan, customers must first open a Citibank stock account.
- If there is insufficient fund in the customer's stock settlement account, the order for that month will be cancelled automatically. If the order cannot be executed for 3 consecutive months, the plan will be automatically terminated. A service charge will be imposed.
- If the dividend payment amount of the stock is less than the service fee you have to pay for the corporate action, the dividend payment will be cancelled automatically.
Terms and Conditions:Terms and Conditions:
Terms and Conditions for the “Stock Regular Savings Plan HK$0 Monthly Contribution Fee ” offer
- The “Stock Regular Savings Plan HK$0 Monthly Contribution Fee” offer (the “Offer”) is valid from July 1 to December 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive. The Offer is applicable to the newly set up Stock Regular Saving Plans (“RSP”) within the Promotion Period.
- The Offer is only applicable to clients who have not set up any Stock RSP in the past 12 months.
- Clients can enjoy HK$0 monthly contribution fee for the newly set up Stock RSP within the Promotion Period with minimum contribution fee waived. The monthly contribution fee waiver is inclusive of brokerage fee and all transaction related charges, e.g. Stamp Duty, Transaction Levy, Investor Compensation Levy, Trading Fee and CCASS Fee. For details, please refer to Stock Service Fees and Charges.
- The minimum Stock RSP monthly investment contribution amount for each stock is HK$1,000 and should be in multiples of HK$500.
- Clients are required to pay the regular monthly contribution fee of Stock RSP at the time of trade. Each monthly contribution fee collected for every trade completed during the Promotion Period will be refunded to clients’ settlement account linked to the securities account within 3 months upon the end of the Promotion Period. Clients should maintain a valid securities account and settlement account at the time when the refund is made.
- To subscribe for Stock RSP, clients must first open a Citibank stock account. A new instruction should be submitted before 7:00 pm on the 9th of the month (or one business day before Monthly Execution Day if 9th falls on a holiday) to take effect on that month. The subsequent Monthly Execution Day will fall on the 10th of each month. If the Execution Date falls on a HKEX non trading day it will be deferred to the next HKEX trading day.
- If there are insufficient funds in the customer's settlement account on the Stock RSP contribution date during the Promotion Period, the order for that month will be cancelled automatically. Service charge for insufficient funds will apply. If the order cannot be executed for 3 consecutive months, the plan will be automatically terminated. For details, please refer to the Stock Service Fees and Charges.
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”) reserves the right to suspend, amend and terminate the offers and change the Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Bank shall be final and conclusive.
Important Disclaimer:Important Disclaimer:
You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products. This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to constitute any offer or solicitation or advice to buy or sell any security. Investments are not bank deposits and are not obligations of, guaranteed or insured by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited, Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or by any local government or insurance agency, and involve risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Share prices may go down as well as up. Investment products are not available for U.S. persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.
In the event of discrepancy or inconsistency between this English version of the terms and conditions and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.