Wide Currency Coverage
Total of 41 currencies for you to transfer globally, click here to know more.
Transparent Exchange Rates
Exchange rate and remittance amount is shown upfront when conducting transactions.
Waived Service Charge for Online Transactions
For Citi Plus, Citi Priority, Citigold and Citigold Private Client customers.
Easy and Handy
Transfer anytime, anywhere with Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
Send an outward transfer
To ensure a smooth telegraphic transfer experience, please prepare the below information prior your action:
- Transfer destination
- Payee bank name
- SWIFT Code
- Payee name
- Payee account number
- Payee address
Apart from the SWIFT code, transferring money to some destinations may require additional information (for example, FEDWIRE code for transfers to the US). Remember to get the information from your recipients!
Receive an inward transfer from on overseas bank
Please provide below information to the sending bank：
- SWIFT code: CITIHKAX*
- Bank Name: Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Bank's Address: Citi Tower, 83 Hoi Bun Road, One Bay East
- Your bank account number
- Your full name with Citibank
- Bank code: 250
- Branch code: 390*
* For Citibank N.A. customers, please use Branch Code 790 and SWIFT Code CITIHKAXIPB
After adding a payee, you can transfer up to HK$ 1,000,000 per day or any lower limit you previously set.
If you want to add an overseas payee with CNY as the transfer currency, just complete this form and return it to us by mail.
Citibank Global Transfer1
Instant fund transfer to 8 countries and regions,
with $0 handling fee!2
Transfer to your own overseas Citi accounts or third-party Citi accounts.
- Handling fees may apply to overseas transfers via telegraphic transfer, for details please refer to Citibank Fees & Charges. You can choose to deduct the charges from your Citibank account in addition to your transferred amount or from the transferred amount sent to the beneficiary.
- Future dated or recurring transfers are not applicable for overseas transfers.
Click here for the Currency Manager guide
- Outward remittance is applicable through Savings, Checking and Currency Manager Accounts for all currencies except RMB, while inward remittance is applicable through Savings and Checking Accounts for currencies including HKD and USD.
- Applicable to handling fees incurred by Citibank (HK) Ltd only. For incoming fund transfers from overseas Citibank branches, please refer to each originating country's fees and charges.
- Inbound only (only accept funds from other CGT originating countries and regions).
- Effective February 1, 2016, Citi India will no longer allow incoming CGT transactions into domestic accounts. Incoming CGT transactions will only be allowed into NRE (Non-Resident External) and NRO (Non-Resident Ordinary) rupee checking accounts.
# Citibank Global Transfer to and from Australia has been discontinued since April 24, 2022. From June 26, 2022, you can no longer transfer funds between Citi accounts of these destinations through Citibank Global Transfer: Bahrain, Mainland China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Poland, Thailand and Vietnam. You can still transfer funds to and from these Citi accounts using Telegraphic Transfer. Click here to learn more.