Citi Octopus Credit Card combines credit card with the Octopus function in one card. With both swipe and "dood" functions, you have the flexibility to enjoy rewards everywhere you spend every day. Together with the 10% KMB and LWB Fare Rebate offer, start your journey on a happy note every day!
Top reasons to get a Citi Octopus Credit Card
NEW customers click here to apply for card now to enjoy fabulous welcome offers.APPLY NOW
EXISTING customers click here to register for 10% KMB and LWB Fare Rebate offer!REGISTER NOW
Upon fulfilling the relevant spending conditions within the first 2 months from the date of card issuance.
Exclusive 10% KMB and LWB Fare Rebate for Citi Octopus Platinum Card
From July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, Citi Octopus Platinum Cardholders can enjoy 10% KMB and LWB Fare Rebate upon retail spending of HK$1,000 per month. The Rebate is an Octopus Cash Rebate which will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (“AAVS”) transactions. Register now to enjoy the offer!
2-in-1 credit card with Octopus Service
The embedded Octopus Service in your credit card lets you spend whenever and wherever you desire.
Octopus Cash Rebate
The Octopus Cash Rebate earned will offset Octopus Automatic Add Value Service ("AAVS") transactions, no registration is necessary. No cap on Octopus Cash Rebate.
Octopus Automatic Add Value Service Embedded
When your Octopus balance is running low, HK$250 will be automatically reloaded to your card. It's simple to use and you'll even earn Octopus Cash by topping up your balance.
Enjoy Octopus Reward$
Every time you spend on your card, you'll automatically earn Octopus Reward$ at designated Octopus Rewards Merchants.
Year Round Dining and Shopping Offers
You can enjoy an array of dining and shopping privileges across the town.
Applying online for an Citi Octopus Credit Card is easy. Simply select a submission method most convenient to you.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- For Citi Octopus Platinum Card, annual income must be HK$150,000 or more
- For Citi Octopus Gold Card, annual income must be HK$60,000 or more
- Applicants must be an HKID holder
Please send copies of your supporting document here.
Remarks, Terms and Conditions:Remarks, Terms and Conditions:
#The promotion period is valid from March 1 to April 30, 2018, both days inclusive (“Promotion Period”). New customer (“Eligible Cardholders”) must submit the application form and successfully apply for a principal card of Citi Credit Card (except Citi Cash Back American Express® Card, Citi Rewards MasterCard, Citi Rewards Titanium MasterCard and Citi Rewards UnionPay Card) issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Eligible Card”) during the Promotion Period through Citibank website (http://www.citibank.com.hk/) and have their Eligible Card applications approved and card issued by May 21, 2018.
Eligible Cardholders are entitled to a special bonus online offer of a Club SIM with a free Service Pack (Valued over HK$700) plus a free extra 2-Day Travel Pack from Club SIM, upon approval of the application for the Eligible Card. This exclusive online bonus welcome offer redemption email will be sent to will be sent to Eligible Cardholders’ email address (stated in the application form) within 3 months upon successful card approval. Please refer to the email for the redemption details. The free Service Pack is only available to those valid The Club members and Club SIM customers who have not already received a free service pack from Club SIM. The free Service Pack includes various service packs, including a 2-Day Travel Pack (valid for 90 days), which together with the extra 2-Day Travel Pack, will entitle Cardholder to a maximum of 4 Days’ of Travel Pack for designated destinations, including Mainland China, Australia, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. All service packs must be activated within a designated period. An email containing a Promotion Offer Code will be sent to Cardholders’ email address (as stated in the application form) within 3 months upon successful card approval and must be entered into the Club SIM App to effect activation of the extra Travel Pack. The Promotion Offer Code is valid up to and including 31 December 2018 and can be used once only. The extra Travel Data will be valid for 90 days from the date of activation. Please refer to the email for the redemption details. Club SIM service is provided by Club Services (HKT) Limited, subject to relevant terms and conditions. For details, please visit Club SIM’s website: www.clubsim.com.hk.
Effective from November 9, 2015, Octopus Citi® Credit Card will be renamed as Citi® Octopus Credit Card. We will be updating our web site, system and corresponding documents accordingly. The change will not affect the benefits and services you are enjoying with your Credit Card.
10% KMB and LWB Bus Rebate Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms & Conditions:
- The promotion period is valid from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period is based on transaction date.
- This promotion applies to the Cardholders of Citi Octopus Platinum Credit Card ("Cardholders") issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited (“Citibank”) (“Designated Credit Card”).
- Cardholders are required to register ONCE successfully by entering the Principal Designated Credit Card number and confirming all terms and conditions listed on the Designated Registration Page (www.citibank.com.hk/octopus) within the Promotion Period (“Registration”) to be eligible for this promotion. Upon registration, all supplementary cards under the Principal Cardholder will be automatically registered.
- Starting from the first day of the calendar month during which the Cardholder completes Registration (“Registration Month”) until the end of the Promotion Period, Cardholders can earn 10% Octopus Cash Rebate (“Rebate”) on payments with the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card on the bus services provided by The Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Limited (“KMB”) and Long Win Bus Company Limited (“LWB”) in Hong Kong (“Bus Payments”) in each calendar month upon making Eligible Transactions of HK$1,000 or more in the respective calendar month. Each Designated Credit Card account will be entitled to a maximum of HK$300 Rebates in each calendar month during the Promotion Period.
- This promotion applies to “Eligible Transactions” made by the Designated Credit Card during the Promotion Period, including all local and overseas posted retail transactions, monthly installments of newly billed interest free installment plan that are also posted during the Promotion Period and cash advances made in Hong Kong Dollars, Renminbi, Macau Patacas and overseas in foreign currencies. Ineligible transactions include, but are not limited to, “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction; Octopus Automatic Add Value Service transactions ; purchase of Supermarket Cash Coupons or gift cards; gift card top-ups; purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-wallets; traveler’s checks; foreign exchange transactions using Credit Card (including, but not limited to, Forex.com); withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, Flexi-Installment Program and/or Dial-a-Check Installment Program; payment to the Inland Revenue Department; bill payment; utilities payment; auto payment; mutual funds payment; fees and charges; insurance transactions; casino transactions; unposted, cancelled and refunded transactions; and other unauthorized, fraud and abuse transactions.
- The Rebates will be credited into the Cardholders’ Principal Designated Credit Card accounts within 3 calendar months after each respective calendar month in which the Cardholder fulfils the conditions listed in Clause 4 (“Rebate Fulfillment Period”). All Rebates earnt by the Supplementary Card(s) will be credited into Principal Designated Credit Card accounts.
- The Rebates accumulated in any monthly statement shall only be used to offset the relevant value of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement.
- The Rebates awarded under this Promotion cannot be transferred to another credit card account or exchanged or traded for cash or other offers.
- Terms & Conditions of the Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program apply. Please refer to https://www.citibank.com.hk/octopus for details.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- Cardholders’ Designated Credit Card accounts must be valid and with good credit record during the Promotion Period and Rebate Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible to receive the Rebates; otherwise, Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Rebates without prior notice.
- In case of any fraud, abuse, reversal or cancellation of Eligible Transactions and the transactions in respect of which the Rebates were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Designated Credit Card account the equivalent amount of Rebates without prior notice.
- Citibank will determine and verify the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion, as well as the transactions and entitlement of Cardholders to any and all of the Rebates, based on Citibank’s record. Under no circumstance shall any Cardholder or any other person have any claim or action whatsoever arising out of or in relation to this Promotion against Citibank and/or Octopus Cards Limited and/or any parties in relation to this Promotion.
- For the purpose of this Promotion, the Octopus ID and transaction data relating to the aggregate amount of the Bus Payments will be disclosed between Octopus Cards Limited, the issuer of the Octopus function of the Designated Credit Card subject to the Conditions of Issue of Octopus published by Octopus Cards Limited (as amended from time to time), and Citibank and will be used by Citibank for identifying and verifying the eligibility of the Cardholders and for fulfillment of the Rebates. Such data used for the said purposes in relation to this Promotion shall be destroyed by March 31, 2019.
- Citibank reserves the sole and absolute rights to (a) revise these Terms and Conditions, (b) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend any part of this Promotion and/or (c) change or substitute the Rebates or any part thereof under this Promotion at any time without prior notice or reason.
- All matters and disputes relating to the Promotion are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program:
- Citi Octopus Credit Card Octopus Cash Program ("Octopus Cash Program") is only open to the Principal Cardholders of the Card.
Under the Octopus Cash Program, the Principal Cardholder will be awarded HK$1 worth Octopus cash credits (the "Octopus Cash"), rounded down to the nearest cent for each HK$200 of the credit card spending items (in aggregate) using the Card, including Automatic Add Value Transactions, but excluding such transactions which customarily do not constitute credit card spending items in the discretion of the Company (including, without limitation, cash advances, fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program and Dial a Check Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, casino transactions, online bill payment, dynamic currency conversion transactions or unposted / cancelled / refunded transactions. The Octopus Cash shall be credited to and accumulated in the Account. The amount of Octopus Cash posted to any monthly statement shall only be redeemable to offset the relevant value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted to any subsequent monthly statement if all the conditions below are satisfied:
- the total amount of the Octopus Cash to be redeemed in respect of that subsequent monthly statement is HK$5 or more but does not exceed the aggregate value of the Automatic Add Value Transaction(s) posted thereto; and
- the Account is in compliance with such conditions as may be imposed by the Company from time to time.
- The Octopus Cash is not transferable.
- The Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be forfeited when the Account is closed or, in the opinion of the Company, is not in good standing; or if the Card has expired or ceased to be effective or a breach of this Agreement or any other relevant agreement has occurred. Without prejudice to the foregoing, any Octopus Cash credited to the Account which remain unredeemed after a three-year period (or any other period as the Company may prescribe from time to time) will be automatically forfeited. For this purpose, Octopus Cash accumulated under the Account will be deemed to have been redeemed in the order they are credited to the Account.
- The Company is entitled at any time and without any prior notice or liability to the Principal Cardholder in any manner whatsoever to terminate Octopus Cash Program or cancel or vary its benefits or features, or vary, add to or delete any of the terms and conditions of the Octopus Cash Program, or withdraw or change the participants of Octopus Cash or modify or limit the value of Octopus Cash and/or the manner of their redemption even though any of such acts may diminish the value of Octopus Cash already accumulated.
- Should any transaction in the monthly statement be cancelled or refunded for whatever reason, the Octopus Cash earned in respect to those transactions will be deducted or cancelled.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of the Company.
- These terms are translated from English to Chinese for guidance only. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the two versions, the English version will prevail.